Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathBaron666

01-17-2013

I think this patch is going to be a good one. Love most of the changes and balanced nerfs and buffs related to the champions. I really didn't think Talon needed a nerf to the ground though, I thought he was pretty balanced compared to most champions, considering every champion has their pro's/con's and duties throughout the game and he got nerfed pretty bad. I think that Kha'Ziks needed this nerf for the fact that while I was playing him and raping ****, was concidered OP as hell. And they didn't nerf him to the point that he will fall off the face of thee Earth.

But other than that I think this patch will be extremely enjoyable and super fun.

And thank you for the changes on Rengar, it was well needed and WTF with crystalline flask. Just why!

Ragequiter2012

01-17-2013

Rengar with this dumb buff is still trash same goes to Diana

Ragequiter2012

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by acashana View Post
you just buffed diana and nerfed evelyn. Diana has so much attack power and ability power and you buffed her. Eve runs out of mana all the damn time so you made her hate spikes cost more, and basically made her completely useless because no one stays around long enough for her to do any bonus damage. Have you seen the forums about eve? They all complain about her not being good enough... And you nerfed her? I can't even... I don't even know what to say.

diana is not op
it the player who make her op

Mishli

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acashana View Post
You just buffed Diana and nerfed Evelyn. Diana has so much attack power and ability power and you buffed her. Eve runs out of mana all the damn time so you made her hate spikes cost more, and basically made her completely useless because no one stays around long enough for her to do any bonus damage. Have you seen the forums about Eve? They all complain about her not being good enough... and you nerfed her? I can't even... I don't even know what to say.
what they did to diana essentially lowered the range on her orbs, but slightly extended her shield because she has to be closer. also, her ultimate's range was shorter than her q, which could lead to her hitting a target, but not being able to jump to it. Diana was designed to be an assassin, but an assassin who can't reach their target is pointless, they nerfed her initially because she was a little too powerful, now they are tweaking slightly and giving her ultimate a little bit of range back. This was not a power nerf, simply a gameplay one.

as for evelynn, in my experience, hate spike does quite a bit of damage, and can still be spammed continually. eve regens bonus mana passively while she's invisible, and this spell is incredibly cheap, also her w costs no mana. As well, with her ultimate, it can not only lock down people from an impressive range, but because the damage was based on max hp, and not current, you weren't safe anywhere, even under your turret, if you were below 25% hp. eve may require additional tweaks, but you can't expect perfection in a single patch. That's the whole purpose for the patches. each time they are attempting to bring champs closer in line. Quite simply, especially with her ultimate, eve was able to simply snipe kills from stealth and laugh as no one can respond, and this is not how she was designed, so they're dialing back on the damage a bit. If it turns out that she's not good enough anymore, they will work on improving her again. I mean look at rengar, he's been changed at least 7 times now, or even eve herself, if riot didn't care about your opinion, they would have simply left her incredibly OP with her on command stun and incredible mobility. Every time they are trying to make the champion better while still keeping them true to how they were designed.

MaxAltair

01-17-2013

Forgot to add CD compensation for Vi Ulti when is cancelled, just like Cait has.

Dnthmp

01-17-2013

What is the reason for nerfing the jungle? Are you trying to take junglers out of the game? It's already tougher and slower and I can't help feeling a little starved when I jungle. Increasing the camp health is going to make it even harder to clear, its bad enough not being able to smite the big wraith or wolf already but now you're giving them enough HP to survive 2 smites?

Løne Wanderer

01-17-2013

When will something be done about not being able to send replies or whispers to summoners with special characters in their names? It's getting really annoying not being able to communicate with others because of this problem.

Mardarav

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp View Post
What is the reason for nerfing the jungle? Are you trying to take junglers out of the game? It's already tougher and slower and I can't help feeling a little starved when I jungle. Increasing the camp health is going to make it even harder to clear, its bad enough not being able to smite the big wraith or wolf already but now you're giving them enough HP to survive 2 smites?

they transfered health from the smaller mobs to the bigger ones essentialy making it faster for solo target champs to clear jungle and leaving aoe champs to slow down.

LordDagoIV

01-17-2013

Why did u nerf kha Zix??? why T.T

TotalCrap

01-17-2013

Yea khazix nerf.. and no change to warmog and no force of nature.