Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JlLL

01-17-2013

Really no Darius nerf?

ltn2150

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Fixed a bug where champions affected by near-sightedness (Graves's Smokescreen, Nocturne's ultimate) could attack their team mates

LOL you removed all the fun >.>

Time Merchant

01-17-2013

Wow... Made Evelynn not even VIABLE. Her Ult is now a non kill?.... You didnt nerf her. you destroyed her... you have NO idea what youre doing... smh

Time Merchant

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunailby View Post
8 Hours Ago
C'ant belive they nerfed evelynn she was so fun to play.. and i approve of what phantxm said !

Quote:
Let's say you both have 50 HP and the other champion is under tower. Previously, Evelynn could flash, ult, then use the shield to tank 1 tower hit. If she wasn't fast enough, she would die anyway due to the second tower hit. Now, if you were in that same scenario, you have to run in, ult for the shield (and let's hope they don't autoattack you before you ult goes off), and ravage and flash out and let's hope they didn't ignite you. If you are lower level and ravage can't kill them, you have to hate spike and ignite and still hope that you have enough shield, little minion aggro, and no ignite on you in order to survive. Obviously, all of these EVE ES OP HUE people are going to say that is a good thing. But now Evelynn is the only burst champion without an ability that can be used as an execute. Not only does she have a really weak laning phase without her ult, her ult has very limited usage now. If you aren't initiating with it, you might as well not use it. I honestly cannot think of any caster without an execution. I cannot think of anyone with a more useless ult in any situation where the champion is less than 100% hp.
i think evelynn was just fine the way she was.. atleast if you kept her ult the same, i dont mind about the mana cost change.. but i think changing her ult was a bit too much !

oh and.. Eve nerfs. Extremely disappointing and, frankly, confusing.

What exactly is the point of an assassin who can't actually finish anyone? If you insist on the change from max hp to current, then at least fix the slow. 30% is barely useful in optimal situations. All your opponents do in lane phase is flash out of it and run like heck for their turret. Eve does not have enough burst (even before the e nerf) to take them down before she's forced to either do mad turret dives, or just waste her ult on nothing. This waste is even worse now that you've increased the CD.

And then you get to teamfight phase. You want a squishy assassin to get super close to the enemy team to initiate, and expect her to live through that fight? She will get cc'ed to death before anyone on her team has a chance to take advantage of the not exactly wonderful slow. Sure, you can wait til halfway through the fight, run in and ult...but you will be crippling your damage.

Please just try to remember what she is supposed to be - an ASSASSIN. Assassins are SUPPOSED to be able to blindside someone and burst them down in seconds. If you don't want her to be an assassin anymore then why not make her tanky so she can actually still be useful?

EXACTLY!!! And this guy got downvoted.. Im guessing from people getting killed by Eve and hating.. Prolly Deleting League.. DESTROY Eve and dont touch Darius?? Lawl.. Clueless people

Morff

01-17-2013

im so upset with the changes to evelyn... The ult... was jsut overall crushed... sure the others have a small .1 +atk dmg boost... but... i don't know very many people that go Attack damage eve... Her AP scaled so much better!).

bankloot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

was about to buy eve skin but no point now

Stephen Ratliff

01-17-2013

You all will do something to balance the champs out and Darius is not even on the list????? and you debuff lee sin and talon? LOL i think a lot of people agree that darius needs to be nerfed

CFlickster

01-17-2013

"Muting a player will now mute that player's emote sounds"

Awesome! There was a thread in the audio feedback forums asking for this very thing. Cool to see that Riot took note and responded

Acashana

01-17-2013

You just buffed Diana and nerfed Evelyn. Diana has so much attack power and ability power and you buffed her. Eve runs out of mana all the damn time so you made her hate spikes cost more, and basically made her completely useless because no one stays around long enough for her to do any bonus damage. Have you seen the forums about Eve? They all complain about her not being good enough... and you nerfed her? I can't even... I don't even know what to say.

Mishli

01-17-2013

i would like to go out of my way to thank riot for several things, while certain charaters did get nerfs (such as riven and lee sin) they were not simple "this person is op" nerfs, instead the characters got tweaked a little bit to compensate for their loss, riven now has a stronger shield and lee now has more sustain. obviously this doesn't make up for what was taken away, but they're still not just handing out a nerf and not looking again. also i'd like to thank them for continuing to work on renger, he's been modified at least 7 times now, and i'm glad they're still working on him. I also have no complaints with them changing the math on his heal, mostly following the idea "we can't get it in line the way it started, so let's try it a different way instead" I'm not sure if the new method will be enough, but i'm glad they're trying something new, and i'm looking forward to seeing it. My only request in this whole patch is that something be done to darius, i understand everyone has problems with this champ or that, but because of how much of a bully he can be, and how eaisly he can gain money, he's never any fun to play against, even when your jungler is camping him. when he's on your team, it's never any fun to play alongside him, because 90% of the players i see go out of their way to steal kills with his ultimate simply because they can, and because it doesn't cost them anything. Many players who killsteal may be discouraged from doing so with their ultimate because of how long the cooldown is, but because darius has no such penalty, it's almost like it's begging them to take every kill they can.