Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What ability(ies) should i Nerf (if so give reasons) or is he perfectly fine?

None, he is fine 25 43.1%
Greed (passive) 8 13.79%
Shadow Walk (Q) 7 12.07%
Knife Toss (W) 4 6.9%
Slipped in! (E) 8 13.79%
The Thieves Get Away (R) 18 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 58 .

[Champion Concept] Ace - The Master Theief

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Update Note:
Added death quote and animation

Axis the Dragon

03-06-2013

Quote:
kymara2:
lol the q is a lack of damage in fact xD The ult is using katarinas ap/ad scales so i may notch it down a bit.

See, the difference is that Katarina's hits only up to 3 people, and it's channeled - meaning it can be interrupted. That's why the damage is so high.

Knock down those ratios - the base damage is fine at 400-500 at max rank since it is technically damage over time. 3.0 AP and 1.5 AD is just too much.

Suibuku

03-06-2013

Its a very interesting idea, but I don't think the thief aspect is fully conveyed through his lore or his abilities.

Maybe an ability that would allow him to steal a certain amount of gold from an enemy, maybe his ultimate with a high cooldown?

You also have a lot of grammatical or spelling issues in the lore that need to be fixed.
Your idea reminds me of the character "Sly Cooper"

I think that good champion design will pull the lore and the gameplay together, so that the characters abilities really reflect who they are, while making it more memorable in the process. Draven for example, I can always remember the part in his lore about how he took down prisoners with a throw of his axe. (His ultimate.)

All in all you have a pretty good start.

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
Suibuku:
Its a very interesting idea, but I don't think the thief aspect is fully conveyed through his lore or his abilities.

Maybe an ability that would allow him to steal a certain amount of gold from an enemy, maybe his ultimate with a high cooldown?

You also have a lot of grammatical or spelling issues in the lore that need to be fixed.
Your idea reminds me of the character "Sly Cooper"

I think that good champion design will pull the lore and the gameplay together, so that the characters abilities really reflect who they are, while making it more memorable in the process. Draven for example, I can always remember the part in his lore about how he took down prisoners with a throw of his axe. (His ultimate.)

All in all you have a pretty good start.

i though of the theft of gold as an ultimate, but you know, how can you do that if they don't have that gold to start? the ult is easily countered, and wouldn't that be a bit over powering? Also the reason the abilities can't completely relate to a thief is of course thieves don't kill. they simply steal so hes a thief but doubles up as a mercenary since hes "Greedy".

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Update Notes:
Fixed some of the grammar within the lore

GusterMcGusgus

03-07-2013

Holy ****, i just made a thief champ too. then i browsed the threads and found out about ace!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35359601#post35359601

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
GusterMcGusgus:
Holy ****, i just made a thief champ too. then i browsed the threads and found out about ace!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35359601#post35359601

lol mine has been out since January or something :P

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Update Notes:
Took advice from a fellow player and made a move a bit more "thief like"
Q now not only empowers your next attack but that attack steals a small gold portion (Tell me if good idea or bad with reason, i may take it out it isn't a definite)

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-08-2013

Update Notes:
Changed ultimate stats
Base damage increased from 200/300/400 to 300/400/500
Ap scaling reduced from 3.0 to 2.5
Ad scaling reduced to 1.0 from 1.5
(May increase the nerf if i see fit)

Wolf O Donnel

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Bump