Sherlatch Rules/Guidelines

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roes Rose

01-06-2014

This is an OOC post to clear guidelines of what can and cannot happen in my scenarios so people aren't crossing game mechanics with the sense of realism I'm trying to incorporate. All cases will be linked here.

Firstly, all the characters and their moves/skills will, for the most part, be very similar in aesthetic nature. So for example, if Morgana shoots her snare at someone in my scenario, while it might not necessarily hurt the victim at all, it will create a prismatic purple wall that traps them for 'x' amount of time. There will be exceptions to this, as I've discovered in my first case, I had to make Ashe's ult arrow the size of a normal arrow, mostly because I think Riot just made her arrow unnaturally large for mechanic practicality and map functionality.

Secondly... Dashes. Anyone who can dash through a wall in League cannot dash through a wall in my scenarios. I'm trying to be a bit more scientifically sound and practical than 30 characters being able to go through walls. So as an example, Shen can dash through walls in game. He will smash into the wall if he tries to do it in my scenario. Akali can dash through walls if she has a target on the other side. While she can dash to targets in my scenario, she cannot travel through a wall to do it. Same goes for jumping. On the other hand, people that have a skill that allows them to FLASH over walls can. Keep in mind though that people who flash over walls with their skills will have the same repercussions as in game. If you think Ez poofed over a wall, you better believe he fired a shot at the closest person to him afterwards.

Thirdly... In order to solve the case, you have to SOLVE THE CASE. If I say something is unexplained or the people/police in the scenario don't know what happened to a specific thing or person, then you need to find out what happened. Chances are, it'll lead you to the culprit

Fourth- I encourage you to discuss the possibilities with each other! I won't make these easy. Go through the champion list if you have to!

Fifth- I'm keeping summoner spells out of this. Same with runes, masteries, and in-game items.

SIDENOTE- I'm sure I forgot something. I'll mark it here when I remember

coffeeman9

01-07-2014

Quote:
SIDENOTE- I'm sure I forgot something. I'll mark it here when I remember
this isn't summoner's rift, so any sort of projectile or matter that is left behind by someone will indeed stay in the crime scene. For example, if there is a double homicide between Vayne and Kog'mah then there will be three silver bolts in Kog's corpse and there will have to be acidic residue on Vayne's corspe, as well as the surrounding areas. This would also have to count for anything and everything, like Kat's knives, missing bits of armor, strange energy leftovers, and things of the like.

Roes Rose

01-07-2014

Correct. Bodies don't disappear like in summoners rift. Same for objects. Part of the sense of realism I'd like to incorporate.