Official Petition for new Summoner's Rift scenarios.

1234511 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leshiro

01-15-2013

Greetings to everyone first of all.

I have been thinking in the past days that playing Summoner's Rift is great in all its ways, but, I believe something is missing, that makes some people get kinda bored of playing in the same scenario over and over for thousands of games like me. I have over 2000 normal games and almost 500 Ranked Games played.

My idea is simple and could be done by Riot easily without a lot of effort.
In my opinion, aside from the normal Summoner's Rift scenario where you have the forest as we play it at the moment, you could have variations in it that do not change the map at all, just how it looks. It is very important to understand that I am not trying to change the Summoner's Rift map design at all, I am just trying to have different scenarios to make it feel like you are playing different maps so you do not always play in the same exact map every single time.
I am gonna give some examples of great ideas I've come up with in the past few days for scenarios.
How about having a Lava scenario? You could have burnt trees all around, have a lava river, make the Baron and Dragon pits fiery, the bases could have different aspects that match with this also. You could even make the minions, Dragon and Baron look different.
Another scenario could be a Rainy scenario, where you could have maybe thunderstorms happening all over, the river would be in constant motion instead of peacefully and quiet, etc.
A 3rd scenario could be a Snowy one (has nothing to do with the Christmas one). You could have snow terrains all over, trees with lots of snow in it, the river could be completely frozen, etc.
A final 4th scenario I have is a Desert one, where everything would be very arid, the trees would have a very poor aspect (like it feels they are almost dying), there would be no river, just a path that reminds you that there was once a river there, etc.

I am sure that this would make everyone feel like they are not playing in the same map every single time, and not get bored sometimes of playing the same thing over and over again.

When you have the game finder search for a game for you, the scenario would be chosen randomly unless you are playing a custom game, where you can choose the one you would like to play in.

I would really like to have the support for this from the Community and Reds. Bump it and thumbs up please! I feel like sometimes we as the community must give ideas to improve the game we love.

You all have my respects, and see you in the Fields of Justice!

Leshiro.

Edit 1: 10 Upvotes! Thank you so much, keep them coming!
Edit 2: 30 Upvotes! This keeps getting better, keep it up!
Edit 3: 50 Upvotes! Very nice, I love you all! Requiring a Red soon please!
Edit 4: 75 Upvotes! Wow I am really impressed. I really hope people keep supporting this thread. Thanks a lot!
Edit 5: 100 Upvotes! I am in shock now! I hear Reds getting near now! Keep it up everyone, let's make this happen!
Edit 6: 125 Upvotes! Totally woooow!! Keep upvoting and posting, Reds will notice us soon for sure! Gogo!
Edit 7: 150 Upvotes! I can't even describe how thankful I am for your support so far. Please keep upvoting and posting! We will get the Reds attention soon!
Edit 8: 200 Upvotes! So much love for this thread! I simply have no words, really appreciate the support ! Please Riot come and share ideas with us of how we could make this happen!
Edit 9: 250 Upvotes! A quarter of a thousand!! Speechless still! Riot, please show some love. The community clearly wants this done, at least say something. Keep upvoting and posting people, we will be heard!
Edit 10: 300 Upvotes! This is just amazing guys, I really am in your debt. Please Riot come and share information with us, this thread deserves it. These 300 people need to be listened!
Edit 11: 400 Upvotes! The support this thread has continues to impress me!! Riot there are posts with less than 100 Upvotes that get your attention, and this one has over 400 now! Come and talk to us!
Edit 12: 500 Upvotes! Half a thousand people and keeps going up and up, really thank you all for your support!! Riot you have an amazing idea right here that could get implemented slowly one scenario at a time! This will improve the game so much! Come and say anything at least, this thread deserves it.
Edit 13: 600 Upvotes! I keep giving thanks to the people supporting this thread and trying to make this possible, thank you so much!. To Riot I just don't understand why you won't talk to us and share ideas to make this happen. I just don't get how threads that are just about chit chat get more attention than this kind of thread from you.
Edit 14: 700 Upvotes! Riot it's been more than 3 months and yet you haven't even said anything about this idea, not a single word... To the people that supports this, you have my true and sincere thanks, and I really appreciate all the interest in it. I really hope that this gets studied by Riot.
Edit 15: 800 Upvotes! Thank you so much to everyone! Please keep bumping this thread so we can make this happen! We are getting near the 1000 Upvotes! Let's make it happen! . On the other hand, it's just sad that Riot doesn't pay attention to something that will improve the game so much...

Hohenhaim

01-15-2013

Love that idea! It would feel refreshing and like a totally new map!

Make this Happen!!!

PuddingMonster

01-15-2013

I really loved the Christmas version, but Riot seemed to only want to ever have up the Halloween version...

This idea, especially the snowy one, sounds great to me.

Leshiro

01-15-2013

Keep bumping this thread!

Aheadatime

01-15-2013

while i love the idea, i think certain champs/abilities/graphics would be a bit too stealthy. i can't even think of any examples tbh, but the concept slapped me in the face immediately. maybe something like jayce's ranged ball thing would be hard to see/dodge on an icy map?

aside from that, i love the idea and have always wanted different map skins. i remember when i first started playing and tried out bots game, you could choose the winter summoners rift. i almost always picked it. upvoted.

born2awsome

01-16-2013

good idea
bump coming right up

LuisBichin

01-16-2013

Awesome idea, and it would be so easy for Riot to implement this.

Bump and upvote!

ZedekiahCromwell

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBichin View Post
Awesome idea, and it would be so easy for Riot to implement this.

Bump and upvote!
Well depends on your definition of easy. The ideas presented in the OP would take a good amount of resources. Then again, I think it's worth it!

+1

Forchark

01-16-2013

I agree. They need to do something more than just reskin something they already have and spend time on champions for kiddies to buy with mom and dad's cash.

Make the game more entertaining and less ... not ... entertaining?

Crimsonprodigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

i doubt riot will do it.

Too much effort needed.

see, this thread is dying already.

Like the 100+ others that never got a red post lol.

1234511 ... 48