New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WuteverEU

01-16-2013

Pardon me if a similar question has already been asked and aswered, but what if I (intentionally or unintentionally) lose a ton of elo when I just hit, say, platinum? My league / tier is fixed, I am in the lowest division, my LP is 0, but my MMR is dropping. Let's say I drop to 1450, then start winning again. Does this increase my LP by the exact same amount as if I was playing in 1850+? If this is the case then the system is highly abusable, a free trip to a diamond badge, so to say.

Does the LP amount gained / lost get adjusted by the difference between the expected MMR value of a division and the current "hidden" MMR?

Similarly, does the MMR gained increase if a player is significantly below the MMR expected from his tier or division due to inactivity decay or simply losing a lot, for example?

Tyrfang

01-16-2013

Two questions:
1) What would happen if the vast majority of the challenger players are already pro players?
2) What is the purpose of the 250 player leagues in the first place? Why not just have all Silver 1 or whatever players in one big league?

The Tardwrangler

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
If this is the case then you really need to consider either vote to kick OR to make is so that if you are in a Promotion Series you are only queued with others in their own promotion series, that way everyone has the same goal of winning and you all share the Triumph/Crappy Feeling of Winning/Losing, Sure it sucks dodging but when I want to move from one League to another I don't need my team having people instalock 3 Range AD carries and 2 AP carries(Solo queue low elo is fun!).

deathlancer2

01-16-2013

i like the idea but when are achievements going to be introduced ?

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
Did you guys ever stop to think about WHY queue dodges are so high?

Instead of trying to stop us from dodging the queues. How about you analyze WHY we are dodging queues and solve THAT problem. Aka, the afks, trolls, and ragers. A voting system would solve all that. And the lame excuse that people would abuse is BS. You don't implement this voting system in normals. In ranked you cannot have more than a duo team. So you cannot abuse it.

Also the argument that it would "prevent new meta" is bull **** too. Ranked games are not the place to be experimenting. And as said, the voting system would not be in place in normals. So you wanna try something new? GO TO NORMALS. Or, get a 5 man team together to try it. Something new is not likely to work when the other 4 people on your team ARE NOT ON BOARD. And FORCING us to play with those people will not make anything better. Especially when 90% of the people who are "trying new meta" are saying it mockingly. THey are just trolling, and they know that it is a reason riot has shot down the voting system in the past.

Stop punishing people for wanting to have serious, competitive games. WIthout trolls.

Sheehyun

01-16-2013

Just like starcraft 2

iTz Skyle

01-16-2013

COD Black Ops 2 (Hate if you want) did something similar to this. I like the idea of it.

XDeadpooIX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

What if i have 5 wins and 1 lose on ranked solo ?

Sygstian

01-16-2013

Please, please, please, please, match players on placement matches with themselves.

XDeadpooIX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Did you guys ever stop to think about WHY queue dodges are so high?

Instead of trying to stop us from dodging the queues. How about you analyze WHY we are dodging queues and solve THAT problem. Aka, the afks, trolls, and ragers. A voting system would solve all that. And the lame excuse that people would abuse is BS. You don't implement this voting system in normals. In ranked you cannot have more than a duo team. So you cannot abuse it.

Also the argument that it would "prevent new meta" is bull **** too. Ranked games are not the place to be experimenting. And as said, the voting system would not be in place in normals. So you wanna try something new? GO TO NORMALS. Or, get a 5 man team together to try it. Something new is not likely to work when the other 4 people on your team ARE NOT ON BOARD. And FORCING us to play with those people will not make anything better. Especially when 90% of the people who are "trying new meta" are saying it mockingly. THey are just trolling, and they know that it is a reason riot has shot down the voting system in the past.

Stop punishing people for wanting to have serious, competitive games. WIthout trolls.
Like yesterday, some dude picked tryndamere as ADC, i had to dodge, now ill be forced to lose the match just cos 1 person is drunk or an idiot?