New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechmaturgist View Post
People who get off on trolling and making teams loose with no real consequences. It means the jerks who don't play ball will be relegated to all the same type of players. It will weed out the selfish idiots and the real players who just have a bad game every once in while to raise far to the top instead of being bogged down in the ELO hell. It eliminates ELO hell basically.

Another thought: Keep getting stuck with trolls, lay off of ranked for a few days and allow them to fall back to the bottom of the ladder and come back in to try and climb out of that league. So awesome!

Yea.. too bad this system is not affecting being matched with those trolls.
Old elo system is still gona be there, just hidden, and apperently you will stil lbe matched according to exactly same single el oladder. You just wont see it anymore.
Instead you will just see a leveling system that has very little to do with your skill.
Its going to not change anything.
As it is now players with 3k ranked wins that are slow clickers get matched with people with 5 ranked wins that repeatedly get cought out of position and cant even wipe themselvs.

With new system amout of wins will be replaced by division/ tier... and again all tiers / division wil be matched together, becouse matchmaking is still based on old elo..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natividad22

Junior Member

01-16-2013

epic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistedBamboo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
Yea.. too bad this system is not affecting being matched with those trolls.
Old elo system is still gona be there, just hidden, and apperently you will stil lbe matched according to exactly same single el oladder. You just wont see it anymore.
Instead you will just see a leveling system that has very little to do with your skill.
Its going to not change anything.
As it is now players with 3k ranked wins that are slow clickers get matched with people with 5 ranked wins that repeatedly get cought out of position and cant even wipe themselvs.

With new system amout of wins will be replaced by division/ tier... and again all tiers / division wil be matched together, becouse matchmaking is still based on old elo..
Imma just put "undemotable if active skill tier" and "division" here


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedBamboo View Post
Imma just put "undemotable if active skill tier" and "division" here
Im not sure what you mean.
If you mean that trols wont make you loose tier, thats true.
But your tier is also not affecting amoutn of trols you meet.

You might have gold tier, but still be playing with 1200 elo provisional match players becouse your elo is at 1200.
This new system is not changing anything in matchmaking.
If i understand it correctly its not even matching you your elo oponents form your tier, its not looking at tier/division AT ALL for finding teams.
So basicaly if you manage to get to gold division, and get loosing streak as it often happens, you will still be gold division, but will be matched with same trols you have been matched being silver.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyztopius View Post
Is this similar to the SCII ranking system?

Quite similar except much more transparent, the SCII system pretty much hides everything from you and throws you a few numbers that actually don't mean anything at all.

This seems like an expanded transparent version where you can actually monitor your progress and know when you're getting closer to stepping up a division or rank. So instead of "Ok I'm playing Low Plats and High Golds in Silver League, why haven't I ranked up?" It will hopefully be more, ok well I've got this many points and my challenege matches will be in the next three games so I really need to go hard in the paint to get out of "Insert Metallic League name"

With luck the system will be more intuitive, I can tell you the exact reason I stopped playing SCII was because I was Gold League and I'd get matched against Plat's and Diamonds then randomly lose to a cheesing silver which apparently totally upset the system and left me in Gold season after season.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRoMz

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Any idea when will this go live? The current patch or the next patch?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoD CloseCombat View Post
Any idea when will this go live? The current patch or the next patch?
Its going to be on public test realm in a few days.
Defenetly not going live this patch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallows Evelynn

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
Its going to be on public test realm in a few days.
Defenetly not going live this patch.

???

i thought alot of these patch changes, especially the eve nerfs, were already on pbe for awhile.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChineseJesus

Junior Member

01-16-2013

Just like StarCraft


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTechmaturgist

Senior Member

01-16-2013

The potential is here for you to raise into new competitive leagues that will make the system try to match you with people in the same league as you first. That means the higher you go, no more chance you will have of avoiding the really bad players or Trolls as you call them. At least now you have a chance to get away from them more often. Rather than having a really good chance of getting stuck with them. I would rather be in rare air than stuck in common muck even if i am a old guy and a "slow clicker". I still face roll 14 year olds all day and good team work beats bad attitude any way you look at it.