New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameB1913

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You're not just earning a "generic league badge". You still have tiers, divisions, and League Points to battle over as you progress through the system. You also get to compete on a ladder with a small grouping of other players, often which will include your friends, rather than being just a cog in a giant wheel of hundreds of thousands of opponents.

Give it a try and give us feedback though! We're aiming to have the league system on the PBE shortly.
Thats Awesome!!! Not B.S, cmon who would think that it is B.S???

Skycrek

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsbull**** View Post
Maybe more people have joined up on league now so they had to change the elo structure to involve less skilled players to keep playing?? If I understand your statement? Since there is more people playing, and a wider range of skill I don't think that bronze and silver are meaning less, there are still a lot of people without even bronze. Do you think the soon to be challenger and Diamond guys maybe think that gold and platinum is meaningless as well?? I think they have done it right to suit the wider range now, compared to the narrow range in seasons past.
You don't want to present tiers to those who play bad, do you? For me it was hard work once to get Silver and that is why I was proud of it. Now I had no problem achieving Gold when I am sure I didn't improve myself much. I see people on Gold playing bad as they did on Silver back then. I am saying overall skill has lowered on the same ELO. And I believe this is due to the higher number of players.
If you want new players to think "hey, I am not that bad. I am bronze." It's the wrong way to just give it to them. Atm I think of bronze as unranked, since it is far too easy to achieve.

Fl4m3Sh0t

01-16-2013

So from what I understand the new ranked system will function similarly to something like the Starcraft II ladders?

TheTechmaturgist

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsbull**** View Post
Thats Awesome!!! Not B.S, cmon who would think that it is B.S???
People who get off on trolling and making teams loose with no real consequences. It means the jerks who don't play ball will be relegated to all the same type of players. It will weed out the selfish idiots and the real players who just have a bad game every once in while to raise far to the top instead of being bogged down in the ELO hell. It eliminates ELO hell basically.

Another thought: Keep getting stuck with trolls, lay off of ranked for a few days and allow them to fall back to the bottom of the ladder and come back in to try and climb out of that league. So awesome!

Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Well ****ing done

tempnameB1913

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You aren't required to finish them right away; you will have a very generous window of time to complete your series (multiple weeks), before you are no longer eligible to be promoted. Though we want to bring you the intense feeling of a tournament game, we know people have things to do, dinners to eat, and swimming pool fires to put out.
What if you go away alot because of your Job? Say soldiers for instance. Just bad luck I guess??

TwistedBamboo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Now that I can't actually be demoted when i get to a skill tier, I can man up and learn from divisions and evolve into a Blastoise...
Thank you Riot.. I do hope it's as good, if not better, as it is on paper!

tempnameB1913

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechmaturgist View Post
People who get off on trolling and making teams loose with no real consequences. It means the jerks who don't play ball will be relegated to all the same type of players. It will weed out the selfish idiots and the real players who just have a bad game every once in while to raise far to the top instead of being bogged down in the ELO hell. It eliminates ELO hell basically.

Another thought: Keep getting stuck with trolls, lay off of ranked for a few days and allow them to fall back to the bottom of the ladder and come back in to try and climb out of that league. So awesome!
Thats a good way to look at it, The last ranked game I had was one with the other team having a leaver before 20 mins was up!!! I still cannot believe why you would leave a Ranked game at all let alone before 20 min!! I felt so bad and sorry for the other team and so did my teammates.

Sso

01-16-2013

Some people hate change. Some people embrace it.

JLudicolo

01-16-2013

Will people in ur league/division will be prioritized by matchmaking? (if they do have the same hidden elo ofc ) it would be cool to play with and against those people ur competing with, i mean it doesn't have to obligatory that you play with them but it could have a preference over people in ur division/league