New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amakazi

01-15-2013

So... what I'm seeing is... We play a series, that doesn't involve the same people at all, that does not need to be played in the same day even (Multiple weeks was stated) So it's basically... 3/5 more ranked games I gotta play, and I just gotta win the majority. It's basically just matchmaking vs what I'm guessing is others trying to be promoted, not really a series.

grimphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

lost my last ranked game of the preseason to a troll with boots and a bad attitude, can you please add a system for removing games with stunningly obvious trolls?

Dildo of God

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikMagikarp View Post
Goodbye Elo Hell?
yea, now we can work up to a tier, get into that tier, and you cant be pushed back out of it. your no longer placed by your ELO score which can go down. your just fighting all the other people in your tier. so you can get into 3'rd tier for example, whether it be by luck or skill, never win another game ever again...and still just be stuck always at the bottom of that tier. you'll never go any higher, but you'll also never go any lower.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-15-2013

Will my team/ oponents in solo queue be matched according to that tier/ division thing, or according to that hidden elo.

If its according to elo, how is division/ tier affecting difficulty of my matches?
You mentioned my oponents are not limited to my division, but they are matched according to skill - how is that different from current system in regard of matching teams?

Onigiri99

01-16-2013

Just a few questions:
if you need 100LP to try to promote for a new division/tier,5 divisions in each tier and you get LP with the same rating as you get elo(like 13 elo or 13 lp/win and lose the same) thats means(for instance)that the elo to get new tiers would be like 1000-1500 bronze,1500-2000 silver,2500-3000 gold,etc,etc?Because if it be like this it would be reallyyy aggressive and exhausting to get a new tier..
(cause in the current system,gold(1450 in BR server) to platinum(1750) you need just 300 elo to rise you tier,with the new system you have to climb 500 elo)

And another question,if you manage to rise your division, lets say, III to II,you win 3 matches and gets 40LP,now you will start to lose,if u get unlucky and lose 3 in a row,you will already going to back to the previous division?(in this case,II to III)

Slashiroth

01-16-2013

You guys still don't make sense with your elo system

ELO was designed for 1 vs 1 chess games, the fact that you still have an elo system for 5 vs 5 soloq games is not entirely meaningful, there will always be players stuck in lower elos. This new system kind of makes more sense.

HaIfhearted

01-16-2013

I don't suppose you guys have any plans to give Dominion players a competitive environment, do you?
I would love to have a ladder for Dominion so I can see how well I stack up in the one map I really enjoy playing.

Plus, there's no reason for the Twisted Treelines BETA to have ranked and still withhold it from Dominion after over a year since its release.
I mean, there's still a greyed-out tab in my in-game player profile for ranked Dominion stats.
When are you guys gonna enable it?

XvPride

01-16-2013

Lol,better win my ranked matches now if this system doesn't set in today.

Berle

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
While I agree with the fact that ranked queue dodges are too high, I feel there needs to be another way of fixing it. The only times I ever doge ranked are when I'm on a team full of people who cannot communicate/cooperate in champ select. If you can't get over your ego to pick something that benefits the team, why would I want to spend an extra 20-50 minutes with you?

Personally I feel there should be a vote to kick option in champ select. I see all the time where people instantly rage and start trolling if they can't get the role they prefer. If there were a vote to kick option, you could remove them. Sure it would restart the queue, but it helps to reduce trolling and encourages people to cooperate.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to just go around and troll kick people, If a vote to kick system were ever put in, all of the selected player's teammates would have to vote to kick in order to remove them. Just like the surrender option, it has to be 4/5.

tl;dr I want a vote-to-kick system in ranked champ select.

XvPride

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Möphístó View Post
yea, now we can work up to a tier, get into that tier, and you cant be pushed back out of it. your no longer placed by your ELO score which can go down. your just fighting all the other people in your tier. so you can get into 3'rd tier for example, whether it be by luck or skill, never win another game ever again...and still just be stuck always at the bottom of that tier. you'll never go any higher, but you'll also never go any lower.
By the way if you can't be kicked out of that tier now, it would invite more trolls. Think about that since no matter how much they troll, they still can't get be demoted.