New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIQ

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Rowen View Post
There'll be player in the Chalenger league already? If yes, they'll be sorted by the xxx highest elo players of each region or they'll be sorted by having a X amount of elo?

Answer me pleeeease! ._____."
I'd have to say no personally. I think high elo players will be just one tier behind and they will have to progress to the challenger tier. Think about it if they have a high enough elo they may be already set to go to a championship. They start at the highest tier and can't fall under that would be unfair for the others close to that elo.

HeXaG0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Time to grind into Gold 0__o

Nillilanilos

01-15-2013

Does anyone else think that something like this should have been explained more than a day before the patch??

I just read the part where it takes into account your elo if you have played 10 ranked games in S3...well it happens I am not at that point as I have cautiously started my S3 and have only played 5 games - all of which have been victories - as I wanted to secure a better starting to this season.

Now it seems that I will be faced with having to be fortunate again in my placement matches...seems a bit unfair.

I had a terrible time during S2 placement(leavers/afkers/trolls/ragers), which led to this hesitation to start right into S3 until I was feeling very confident in my own play. I eventually made it to a decent level, but it became an annoying grind which I was not looking forward to doing again this season.

Darkula

01-15-2013

For joining the league system, do you need to acquire 16 champions or are the free week champions included to the access?

Nominiat

01-15-2013

This is retarded. A system which offers no functional change and only obfuscates the truth. Were you tired of people complaining about their Elo so you decided to hide it from them or did you just look at Star Craft II and say "hey, we can do that too" while completely missing the point?

Yoshiap

01-15-2013

With the exception of the top 250 people in the Challenger League, what are the expected percentages of people in each of the separate tiers? For example, right now (pulled from the league wiki), Silver contains player in the top 68-13%.

In addition, assuming a even set of placement matches (5-5), what tier would one be expected to be placed in?

dimitriy

01-15-2013

riot's about to pull a blizzard.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

01-15-2013

If someone is in a promotion series what prevents them from repeatedly dodging until they enter a game they have a high chance of winning?

ByteBot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Will this make queue times longer since there are less players to be matched with? or maybe it looks for your league players (=<250) and if it can't find enough in a small period of time then it chooses from adjacent leagues?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

01-15-2013
28 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Rowen View Post
There'll be player in the Chalenger league already? If yes, they'll be sorted by the xxx highest elo players of each region or they'll be sorted by having a X amount of elo?
There will be no one in either the Diamond or Challenger tiers to start. Top players and teams might be able to speed quickly through the Diamond divisions since they have crazy high MMRs, but they'll still have to climb through those divisions.

It'll be an intense race to be the first in Challenger tier!