New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsJustPain

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinktuna View Post
The only problem for me is that i'm in the military and i get deployed for 3 to 4 months at a time and won't be able to play rank. With me being gone that long and losing some points kinda sucks on my part. Was wondering if you guys can think of any ways around that. Like put a think to suspend your account for x amount of days/weeks/months so you won't lose rank or penalties.
3 to 4 month?
its longer
much longer

Jett0

01-15-2013

again, we gain like 10-15 LP per win, but what abou tlosses

Daemon

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett0 View Post
As long as you gain moe Lp than losses thean I d be happy.

also not being able to move down a tier is weird

Think of it like this: if you get to a higher tier/division, you'll never have to deal with low division scrubs ever again.

Slashiroth

01-15-2013

But, isn't it true now that someone who plays more will be diamond eventually? Because of the way you get more LP for wins less for losses.

Thats an experience based system...right?

ShroomAnator

01-15-2013

This Is A Great Idea; Make A Global Wide Tournament.

Shall The Tournament Begin.

Jahpocalypse

01-15-2013

is it just me or is it exactly the same but now you cant see your elo

FaerKhan

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You will still have to work hard to get into the high tiers of the league system, and when people see your medal on your profile they will know how well you have done. No one is getting a free ride, but they will get a badass playoff series to cap off the milestones of their journey.

If anything you will feel more accomplishment than ever knowing that the system challenged you to prove you should move up and you were able to answer that call by winning a best of 3/5 series.
What I don't understand is this whole playoff series thing. If it's an actual series match, that would mean the teams would have to be the same each time, which I highly doubt is how it works. If it's not, how is it any different other than the fact that you want to win 2 out of your next 3 (and since you want to win every game anyway, it really changes nothing)?

I think it would be better if players that are playing in a series to move up a level are assigned a temporary team until they complete the series matches (can be done at any time, but still with all the team members). Or some matchmaking system where only people moving up a level were in these particular teams (because the stakes are higher so hopefully everyone will care more). Otherwise, it won't be any different than normal ranked matches as usual, and trolls will enjoy screwing over people's series matches if they choose to announce it in champ select.

M II IL IK

01-15-2013

Waiting for this to take flight. interseted. thank you.

Flettcherino

01-15-2013

So this is basically the exact same thing as Starcraft 2's Ranking System but instead of Masters you have Challenger.....

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

R.I.P Elo

you will be missed

but the new system have potentials