New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masterlynk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

What is the difference between League, Ranked and Normal games in these new system?
How do they work together?
Ranked and League will be two different queues?

The HIest

01-15-2013

THIS LOOKS SOOO GOOOD!

well done league this is exciting!

Jett0

01-15-2013

As long as you gain moe Lp than losses thean I d be happy.

also not being able to move down a tier is weird

Veigar

Producer

01-15-2013
24 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlynk View Post
What is the difference between League, Ranked and Normal games in these new system?
How do they work together?
Ranked and League will be two different queues?
League and Ranked are the same thing. The old ladder structure (the singular ranked list of everyone that plays ranked LoL, sorted by Elo) is now going to be replaced by Leagues of similarly skilled players.

Normal games will continue to be exactly the same as before.

eabe

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You will still have to work hard to get into the high tiers of the league system, and when people see your medal on your profile they will know how well you have done. No one is getting a free ride, but they will get a badass playoff series to cap of the milestones of their journey.

If anything you will feel more accomplishment than ever knowing that the system challenged you to prove you should move up and you were able to answer that call by winning a best of 3/5 series.
I don't want a medal more then a measuring stick. Ya sure some people like medals. I like to see how well I'm doing. I have always given my medals/trophies away. And to be honest I hate the stupid ribbon on my icon.

People stop honoring me I don't want to be recognized I just want to win.

Maybe I'll troll like 50 games in row tell the tribunal takes it way oh wait I guess I'll just get back once I start playing for real again. Make it so I can you know hide my ranking/rewords I don't need other people to praise me I'd rather they just played me not knowing.

Stinktuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

The only problem for me is that i'm in the military and i get deployed for 3 to 4 months at a time and won't be able to play rank. With me being gone that long and losing some points kinda sucks on my part. Was wondering if you guys can think of any ways around that. Like put a think to suspend your account for x amount of days/weeks/months so you won't lose rank or penalties.

Mr Beefcake

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You will still have to work hard to get into the high tiers of the league system, and when people see your medal on your profile they will know how well you have done. No one is getting a free ride, but they will get a badass playoff series to cap off the milestones of their journey.

If anything you will feel more accomplishment than ever knowing that the system challenged you to prove you should move up and you were able to answer that call by winning a best of 3/5 series.
That gave me the chills, and I don't know why

Daemon

01-15-2013

Are the division and promotion matches consecutive? Or can you just play one, go eat dinner and watch a movie, come back a few hours later and play another match in the best-of-three/best-of-five (like ELO placement matches)? Or is it like competitive play where you play games until there is a majority winner? (This might mean 3-4 hours of consecutive play).

Slashiroth

01-15-2013

Smurfs will abuse the system though.

#1 ranked solo q player wants to my top of the ladder in bronze tier

boom

GTFOPlease

01-15-2013

Seems a little like Starcraft to me ^-^ Which is good D!