Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Straynar

01-15-2013

Quote:
BuckeyeBaller:
Maybe 6 ranked queues adc support top mid jungle other <-- maybe this one could allow people to do different builds and play in different methods

Still locking the game into specific play style.

If you want to practice something that's what normal draft is for. Once you feel comfortable and confident then you can try it in ranked. If you just go in ranked to try something I have no mercy for you.

Different ranks for different roles/lanes or whatever you wanna call. Why not just make it rank based on champ then. Because that's what it boils down to. So you can rock a Janna support but can't support worth a poo with anyone else, wouldn't mean your a good support.

Systems with the roles/lane/whatever WILL NOT work.

imViralz

01-15-2013

I love the current system this will be crappy and stupid sorry Riot this is to much like SC2 and I hate SC2

Rivayne

01-15-2013

I love League of Starcraft.

SteaminTofoo

Recruiter

01-15-2013

sc2 ladder copycat

Raeku

01-15-2013

I think this sounds great. All the complainers whining about not being able to see their ELO are the people who troll the forums flashing their epeen around "QQ scrub, 1200 elo doesn't know that they're saying, 1900 for life #YOLO". imo this will negate some of the negativity surrounding elo epeens but still give people an achievement worth working towards.

Also @Yegg - you mentioned that at the start of a new division tier that players will have a grace period where a loss doesn't hurt their LP, effectively giving them a short window to adjust to the new difficulty tier. Does this also mean that a win will not reward LP either?

Sinofsinners

01-15-2013

So a fair number of people have reported "getting stuck" in a lower elo for one reason or another and I don't really believe it is impossible to get out of "elo hell" it's just the grinding pace at which you get out really crushes on people. So my question is couldn't you implement a handicap for people in bronze and silver where they have to earn less LP (say 50 bronze, 75 silver) in order to earn their division matches. I feel this handicap would help because the population of low elo is people that troll and rage and never get anywhere and players that belong at a higher skill set but don't really want to play with all the haters and trolls so they don't grind their way out.or they become a hater or troll along the way. I think that laying off the grind process a bit in the lower tiers will not only break up the herd of people that aren't happy with their video game experience but also over all reduce it's size what do you think?

EX1855

01-15-2013

So this cosmetic make over still rates players essentially by ELO which will no longer be visable. These LeaguePoints are earned in each divistion/tier whatever and they advance you if you keep them by not loosing. The rate one gains LP is determined by ELO. Therefore, they tie in to actual ELO and by hiding what is really going on below this quintessentially identical system riot is essentially wasting time and eventually it will be for nothing. I say nothing, because eventually after wading through another layer of confusion, players will grasp and come to grips with the fact that they may or may not be good or bad at league of legends. They will realize that they are not any better or worse off with this system. It is just hiding the truth from players for a moment longer ELO is not gone it will just be hidden so that some people who cannot comprehend this LP nonsense dont get upset at their real rankings.

Im sickend by the idea of hiding the truth. If ELO is to be hidden then it should be done away with not just below the surface. Dont change a system if it is not broken. You can't reinvent the wheel.
-- Just the opinion of someone who has been on since season one and has spent/invested hundreds of dollars on RP.

By the way I should have a riot girl tristiana on my acct. It gliched long ago and i no longer have it.

-EX1855

Straynar

01-15-2013

Quote:
NOOBKILLER2000:
I do not understand how this is different than what we currently have. It appears to simply be a visual representation for the current ELO system.

The only thing Riot has said that makes me believe otherwise is:

Player: I imagine starting with 0 (League Points) would be frustrating cause you lose one game in that division and you're demoted already and have to re-qualify.
Riot: You start with 0 LP, yes, but there's a grace period where it's impossible to be demoted for the first few games in the new division, so losing won't really cost you anything. You can look at it as a time to relax for a bit after successfully getting through a division series.

This says Division/Rank isn't tied to Elo. Riot has this way of being very, very unclear. Is anyone able to clearly explain the differences between this system and the current Elo system?

Look at it this way. You'll gain/loss LP based on ELO, high ELO low div win high gain. Lower ELO same div win lower gain. Or something like that.

The new ELO gain/loss is the LP. Based on the hidden ELO basically. Since the way it's laid out now that basically low ELO and high ELO can play against each other.

The current system basically traps you. Since you gain say an avg of 15 and loss and avg of 25. So 10 wins is 150, 10 loss is 250, if you started at 500 your a 50/50 player with ELO of 400 20/20 and now 300. This should make it so if your that way it won't drop you or hover you and you SHOULD see movement in the tier thru divisions. Maybe just back and forth but seems you'll actually be more or less just working up a ladder to play a championship game to see if your team has what it takes to move on.

You get locked in tiers, so if you get a slump you won't go from 1600 ELO to 800 ELO and have a nightmare time working back. This way you'll be able to move up the division faster since you're hidden ELO is higher.

1caiser

01-15-2013

Is it me, or is this starting to sound like StarCraft II?

Jett0

01-15-2013

please make it so...

Win gives you more LP than losses

and

AFK/dcers/ragers lose 100LP

thanks