New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eabe

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
Your basically making it so people couldn't be on an ALL XXXX team. Basically you're segregating people in certain areas. Premades don't work in ranked either btw.

Your system is just flawed. That is all. A pre call system means nothing and trolls would abuse the HELL outta that. The AD carry or bottom laner or whatever picks something TOTALLY not correct.

If it's locked into a champ pre selection type deal you'd basically get premade teams then.

This is just a FAIL.

The I opt out because I can't do XXXXXXX for the team and will be a hindrance (with a team vote) is the only viable option. Along with a votekick if someone is trolling. Don't penalize any players for using either or, just make them have to click "PLAY" again (so they're not auto requed), happy gaming everyone.

Also that should be less code.
ya well I'm done with you. Your mind is closed and you still don't understand anything I said.

Straynar

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
You say this like Riot's a paragon of originality in the first place.

Champions that are clearly inspired by other concepts (Pantheon, Nautalus, Ashe, etc.)

It's not like video games taking concepts that work from other games is new. It's not bad either, progress is built upon the work of others in many cases, not everything can or needs to be an innovation to be good.
Nothing's EVER been remade or remastered before by someone else.

Just remember it works sometimes, but not others.

It can be better, or MUCH worse. Or could be pretty much the same.

SHOURIjr

01-15-2013

Hue

Gawwett

Master Recruiter

01-15-2013

Hello. I have found this new ranking system to be well though out. So I would like to ask a question. What made you feel like this change in the rating system was needed? And how do you feel it would change the feel of matchmaking and how do you think it will improve an average summoner's play experience and skill level?

- MrFnK

Protato

01-15-2013

Seems an awful lot like Call of Duty Black Ops 2's league system?

Straynar

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabe View Post
ya well I'm done with you. Your mind is closed and you still don't understand anything I said.
Yup, sure is. It'd been more open to you to explain pros and cons to your system. But your right. You're so awesome, I so dumb and close minded.

......................SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!

NinetyNineTails

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepopcorn View Post
Yeah well nice update and all...
But let me get this straight, your ranked Solo Queue placement will be based on a team performance?
GG riot GG
Your ELO is based on that now... GG sir... GG
I know, right? I saw that too and wondered what game called LoL latpopcorn is playing, 'cause it's clearly not League of Legends.

Clint101

01-15-2013

One thing this doesn't cover, will this result in a HARD elo reset or a SOFT elo reset.

Bewm Hedshawt

01-15-2013

I think the S3 rewards should be improved as well. Say take the top 5 played champs in ranked throughout the season and make Limited Ed. skins. Based on your placement you would be awarded a skin (ex. Diamond gets #1 champ - Bronze #5); instead of everyone getting the same skin. I think that would be a good motivator for people to try their best to move up.

HighSee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Starcraft