New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Straynar

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulCC View Post
I think this is a stupid. Basically copying of SCII and messing up the whole elo system. Ranked matches are meant to be competitive. If you are ashamed of elo just don't play it. Why is it called ranked if it doesn't show your RANK! If you are good, you are good. No point mixing it up because some people aren't satisfied with their so called ELO HELL. Also if the tier is permanent, this encourages more trolling and flaming in game because they are guarenteed to be in the bracket no matter how bad they are. This also give those lucker a chance to get carried to higher elo. The new system will not measure a player's true skill. It will be more like how LUCKY you are. If you are LUCKY enough, you will be in the division and will never get booted out. I don't see any reason changing the elo ladder.
You have to win to tier up, yea it can be luck and being carried. But those tiers will have those bottom divisions that will have the **** players still since that'll be your low ELO guys just reskinned.
Basically a Division 1 Bronze can be better (higher ELO) than a Division 6 Gold (with lower ELO) and might be better or worse than the gold.

Hikazz

01-15-2013

is this happening with the patch or later?

Matthevv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
I find it amazing how you and the hordes of others that mention this are ALWAYS 400-500 ELO higher than their friends. Hell anyone who has a few ranked games can have an ELO of 1200 easy. Those that keep playing will see it change though. Still haven't figured out the 3 wins to 2 loss ELO makeup tho.
Basically you game around 15 ELO a win and loose around 25.
It's easier to go backwards than forwards, yet people that are 50/50 are somehow 1400-1600 ELO.
This won't fix the broke system. It'll just let everyone play each other since ELO is only a factor in your Tier spread over the divisions.
Have a feeling the friends that are "400-500 ELO behind" are possibly going to be 1-2 divisions ahead.
lol wat? My elo is 1753, most of my friends are 1300 or lower. Considering I am in the top % of LoL players it would be rather odd if all my irl friends were at the same skill level as me. I really do not understand your point lol.

vulcz

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDiGaR View Post
Steve McQueen, probably the only player capable of escaping Elo Hell and competing to win the Championship. He's like the Chuck Norris of LoL

>Ranked 3's and 5's
>Elo Hell.

Wut.

godmarck

01-15-2013

wow this is new and good.
hoping it will work, so interesting

Verosce

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
When you earn a promotion to a new tier, you are assigned to an entirely new league with a new group of players, so it would be totally fine (though unlikely) if all 250 players in a Silver league got promoted at the same time. Those players would all be placed into new leagues (based on their Gold tier friends), and the league that they had left would just fill in with new players over time.
So you DO change leagues. I was under the impression that once you were assigned to a league, that was it.

So your league only changes when you go up a tier?

Will there be a way to voluntarily change your league?

And is there only one league in the whole game with Challengers in it?

BreakDownRollUp

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame Gumb View Post
Real dumb....won't tell us our normal elo now we can't even know our ranked elo
to quote the great will smith...."And if ain't broke then don't try to fix it"
Well. The system is a little broke. But they just went about fixing it in the wrong way. Just my opinion.

Chewn

01-15-2013

I would say hello to Yegg, but there are so many rioters in this thread. So, HELLO ALL OF YOU.

Anywho, I was wondering how the transition between ELO >>> Leagues would work.
For instance, I am currently 1858 ELO this is also my top ELO. I just hit plat so it would NOT be fun for me to drop back down to the gold tier. ( No disrespect for any gold players out there) And, if I happened to be dropped down would I start with certain amount of League points?

Also, what happens if I ignore someone in my Division, will I try not to be matched with them again?

Thanks again!

BreakDownRollUp

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
How is this ANY different than it is now? You can go 0/30/0 and gain ELO with a win (elohell has a screenie), you can go 15/0/9 and LOOSE ELO with a loss. Or 0/8/23 or whatever support variation and also loose.

Why does everyone think ELO is based on individual skill? You get a **** team you still loose ELO while you can be **** and be on a good team and gain.
Yes, but all I am saying, is that if they are going to fix the system, they should fix it appropriately. I was stating what I would like to see change about it. Like a higher ratio takes ELO up and turret kills can take ELO up slightly, but wins/losses should still affect it. Just would like to see that other things besides wins/losses can affect your ELO.

VIKINGNAIL

01-15-2013

Will this system, in any way, help it so that good players are no longer consistently weighed down by weaker ones, if not, what is the point?