New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZakarumOP

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobsTama View Post
It's hard to judge performance based on simple stats. If such a system existed, everyone would simply play champions like Garen or Darius and do nothing but farm lanes and grab kills, then run away from team fights because they don't want to die. Then afterwards it would appear they did well when they were actually more of a negative force on their team.

Case in point: it's easy to appear you did well in stats when you actually didn't do anything to help your team. A common symptom of the Elo Hell Influenza.
I strongly disagree with your Case in Point, I agree that it would be hard because supports don't get kills etc.

But if you have bad teammates and you are "fed" but your team "fed" then you get focused right away. Like some personal pictures I had were so crazy like I go 15-6 and my team goes 2-12, 3-14 etc like that is not balanced at all.

Psychopath90

01-15-2013

This is stupid, I hate this system in Starcraft 2, I like to know my exact rating! Why hide it!?

BiIIy Bones

01-15-2013

cool

Azorre

01-15-2013

why not show us the MMR numbers? And why don't we have more of our game stats tracked in our profiles, for example we lost largest crit. though I would rather have longest killing spree and inhib stats. also when are ranked stats going to be updated to reflect current multi-kill timers instead of the old ones that it seems to still use?

Silver Raven

01-15-2013

Just a question: why cant we be matched with people from our league only?

I think one of the worst problems in matchmaking is matching people from different skill levels, forming very diverse and usually disfunctional teams.

I also think this new sstem would be a great opportunity to at least fix that situation in ranked queues. Yes, matches will take longer to be found, but people will have the certainty of only playing with people who are really competitive matches to them...

In short, I would prefer to wait 5-10 inutes to play ranked with, say, 9 silver players (being me silver) than to play with assorted players from any rank and skill level (which is what, more or less, matchmaking is doing now).

Dane Belthound

01-15-2013

This still doesn't solve the big problems of AFKS, Trolls, DCs, and people arguing over roles which ultimately lead to people like me losing matches I shouldn't lose. It is one thing if my team tries hard and we lose. It is another when someone is simply not there, or you have two lanes super feeding because the people in those lanes are wretchedly bad, or "trying something new" in ranked, or they "just don't care".

ZakarumOP

01-15-2013

I shouldn't outplay my lane opponent, do all I possibly can in teamfights while teammates go 1-9 and now I lose elo for that when my skill level compared to the 1-9 person is far from in the same elo.

Best Pony Rarity

01-15-2013

This sounds like the STARCRAFT 2 ladder system..... everyone is a winner... I am top8 in bronze league

rage at me

01-15-2013

So are you renaming the game to Leagues of Legends?

sheepareamyth

01-15-2013

I would still like to see a Pro 3v3 series. Its pointless to make those ranked games if you cant compete.