New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilliard

01-15-2013

Looks awesome, but I'm a bit worried about the whole "promotion series" concept. It sounds like once you're ready to advance, you need to win 2/3 or 3/5 games all at once, to determine your advancement to the next tier. In solo queue, this will be a huge mess. Imagine having played 4 of your 5 promotion games, and you're 2/2. The last game determines your advancement to the next tier, but then someone plays really badly and costs you the game, ultimately failing you to reach the next tier, and you need to obtain your points all over again. I can see even more raging in solo queue now, since so much more can be put on the line. :/

Additionally, it sounds a lot more grindy to get out of a tier. 100 league points for 1 division, and 5 divisions? This could take forever to rank up.

By putting so much on the line of a single game to advance, you're basically asking for more raging and bad sportsmanship.

Dideroth

01-15-2013

I simply dont understand one word of this.

JoDari

01-15-2013

This is a stupid idea. StarCraft 2 did it. Now they are bringing it to League of Legends.

It was stupid in StarCraft 2. It will be stupid here.

These leagues are entirely meaningless. It's just a way to hide how you are really doing. It is much more fun to see that I am ranked 1,231,523 out of 2,342,234 people, than that I am ranked #1 out of 250 people that I have never played anyways.

#1 in your league is a meaningless achievement.

Schmore

01-15-2013

This looks ****ing atrocious, this is just to baby players who don't want to look at their bad elos.

kT XForce

01-15-2013

Sounds very similar to how SC2 does its ladder system. Should help a lot of people out, especially those who are 'stuck' or suffer from ladder/ranked anxiety.

Ryahs

01-15-2013

so like starcraft?

RadRob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

AHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHA this is unreal

Giraffesyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

I was talking about this with a friend weeks ago, and it's almost the same system we envisioned.. Similar to SC II, love it.

Krish

01-15-2013

Terrible idea, people will be trolling & going afk in your matches to go to your next tier

kthnxbai

Recruiter

01-15-2013

i don't think people realize that the Elo system won't be changing at all.

all they're doing is hiding your Elo