New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Persona Rawrtard

01-15-2013

Wouldn't this mean acheiving bronze medal is already a huge achievement?
If there are 250 people per tier:
250 x 6 = a max of 1500 people in league of legend can attain a medal.

And say there 12 million player-base ( i think thats how much player there are on LoL):
then

1500/12000000 x 100 = 0.0125%

So a bronze achievement in s3 is being top 0.0125% where Diamond rank in s2 was being top 0.1% (according the Lol wiki)

or am i not understanding this new system?

watchyabackboy

01-15-2013

Leagues should be broken down by role. Imagine a world where you were competing against other fellow lane opponents. Not to mention adding some spice to playing support. Plus it might help to grow the ranked 5s pool as well. Might not be possible now but I hope they will consider letting us cue by role in the future. Hopefully this will work towards that.

Obeyasr15

01-15-2013

Something that bothered me in that post. They basically said no matter how good you get in 3v3 if you want to compete message someone and join a 5's team.

Why bother to have a 3v3 map or game mode at all then? No matter how well you do in 3v3 they wont make a competition for it? Am I missing something here or did riot just give the finger to 3v3 players?

Best Viper NA

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakarumOP View Post
That's what I'm saying like if someone starts out and loses a game while preforming way above the Tier but people just went 1-10 and that person is placed somewhere he shouldn't be. Or people who get carried are placed in these Divisions/Tiers where they simply don't belong.
dude you have to factor in support chars, 99% of support barely get past 2 kills, i guess no points for that janna or taric

Armorgen

01-15-2013

I like this.

When this gets put in will I start at 0 LP in my division?

Kyl

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondreus View Post
I agree.

You should get points based on your ACTUAL performance, not based on victories and defeats. For example, that "LeagueLover123" loses the match but ends 7-3, he should win some points, or if he wins but ends 1-9, he doesn't get any or even losses points.
This is dumb, because a lot of roles can carry without getting good kill death ratios.

How would you measure a support if hes 1/9 but has 30+ assists, or i like to wukong top and i farm a lot but try to give my kills away, ill ult in and let my ap and adc get the kills while enemy is juggled, so i may do this 3 or 4 times and end up with a score of 2/5 but basically adc and ap only got their kills thanks to me, would be too hard to measure

john

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona Rawrtard View Post
Wouldn't this mean acheiving bronze medal is already a huge achievement?
If there are 250 people per tier:
250 x 6 = a max of 1500 people in league of legend can attain a medal.

And say there 12 million player-base ( i think thats how much player there are on LoL):
then

1500/12000000 x 100 = 0.0125%

So a bronze achievement in s3 is being top 0.0125% where Diamond rank in s2 was being top 0.1% (according the Lol wiki)

or am i not understanding this new system?
there are 250 people per league and tons of leagues per tier (probably tens of thousands in the case of bronze)

PGC SexBoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

lol

Skilliard

01-15-2013

Since you get very little lp when your mmr is lower than your division, wouldn't it be hard to rank up say, if you go on a losing streak? You could end up getting 5 or so lp for winning, and losing 15 everytime you lose. I know if you're good you should win most of your games against worse players, but you can only do so much and I can already see people complaining about "ranked hell" because they are only getting 5 lp when they win and losing 15 when they lose.

ZakarumOP

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverfyre View Post
So... you took out a perfectly good, transparent, and well-known system and are replacing it with the dysfunctional Starcraft 2 Ladder system.
There system wasn't perfectly good. It was kind of rigged when you see unskilled people in a highly skilled elo because they just had like 19-1 carry's give them a win while they went 1-10. I use this as a example. You go Top lane, you dominate him. 150 CS to his 42 CS. You are 5-1. Team fights come up, Your mid fed & is 1-9, your carry is 2-8. That person who isn't skilled that you Dominated top now recived elo he doesn't deserve and gets advanced up to verus greater people while you who preformed A+ gets put down due to your teammates bad skill.