New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imViralz

01-15-2013

Is it liek starcraft ranked system :/ I like the present one!

Lv 99 Rl0TEN

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakarumOP View Post
Now something I want to point out that alot of other people want answered is the legitness of the elo system. Lets take for example "LeagueLover123" He goes into a game, he's 7-0 because he is really skilled at lets say Top Lane. Well his teammates in Mid Lane and ADC (Attack Damage Carry) Bottom Lane are not to good but are in the same elo as him because they have been "carried". So LeagueLover123 loses the game and he finishs let's say 7-3 after teamfights and Mid is 1-11 and Bottom ADC is 3-10. Well you get League Points based on winning. So you take someone who should be in the Platinum Division and he's actually in the Low Gold getting ready to drop to Silver. From getting either bad teammates, Trolls, or gamethrowers. How is this new system going to be more precise on your individual skill level and not just losing because of bad teammates or vise versa by going ex: 1-8 because your not that highly skilled for that elo but your Draven who is skilled went 19-2 so now you are awarded the points for that. Please leave feedback
You should read the FAQ. However, remember you can't drop leagues, and can only advance. Your elo which is now hidden will still be used to match make, so if "LeagueLover123" is good he'll advance, get to the next league, and never meet those people again.

Greekinese

01-15-2013

This is too close to being like SC2, it's like they copy and pasted it... which is really disappointing.

I come to expect more from Riot; to not follow in the footsteps of Blizzard. How successful is SC2 now? And, they wanna change their ladder to resemble SC2? The current ELO system set Riot apart; and, now it's being changed to resemble a game many of us left to play Leagues in the first place. Honestly, ELO worked just fine. I play Leagues and not Starcraft 2, because I hated the ladder system in SC2. It didnt give me a sense of community, which Riot strives for. Now, Riot wants to adapt the same system... I'm sad that my experience playing ranked is changing, I enjoyed our current ELO system and I'm not optomisitic about the future at all.

I feel like Riot just created more segregation in our community... How is this a step in the right direction.

The Good Guy

01-15-2013

I have one concern about this system; it said in the posted FAQ that if you do not play for a long enough time, you will be demoted to the next lowest tier. I've been thinking of finally getting into ranked with this season, but due to the nature of my job, there may be prolonged periods where I simply cannot play League of Legends. Is there a time set yet for this tier decay?

Super Explosion

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGITIVITY View Post
The main differences are as such:

1. Unlike in SC2, you cannot drop a tier. In SC2, losing ladder points until you are near the bottom of your division results in a demotion to a lower tier.
2. You fall divisions instead of tiers. In SC2, you do not change divisions while remaining in the same tier.
3. There are half as many players in a division in LoL compared to SC2.
4. There are "Leagues" in LoL, a pairing of 5 tiers that
5. League points make promotions to higher tiers far more obvious that SC2.
6. Division comparision is much simplier due to division ranking. In SC2, a cross divison comparision makes little sense.
They should probably make an explanatory graphic for how the system works.

The dead being

01-15-2013

Has riot been playing Starcraft or Black Ops 2 lately?

ZakarumOP

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio10ngu View Post
You should read the FAQ. However, remember you can't drop leagues, and can only advance. Your elo which is now hidden will still be used to match make, so if "LeagueLover123" is good he'll advance, get to the next league, and never meet those people again.
My fault, thank you for correcting me on you can't drop down.

But again let's say those people who go like 1-10 get the win also how does that reflect their individual skill?

Sisuwolf

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
So many things wrong with this new sytem.

You already have normal (hidden ELO), you already have lvl 30. This new system is the same as getting more exp and instead of maxing out at lvl 30, you max out at level 3000.

Ranked game tells you about your SKILL level. I'd like to KNOW MY SKILL LEVEL relative to everyone else, relative to my friend, relative to a pro player.

If a Diamond.Division5 can be worse than a Bronze.Division1, then what's the point ?

You will get to Diamond/Challenger mode if you play 10 thousand games. Essentially, it's a system indicative of how many games you've played.

Tl;dr: Problem: A 1000-elo Diamond.Division5 player can play against (hidden 1000-elo) noob players and be on his way to God/Challenger Tier.
Here's your answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR) is far below where it should be for your current division, you will gain LP much more slowly. Similarly, if for some reason your MMR is far above where it should be for your current division, you will gain LP more quickly. Throwing games will not help you out in this system. It's always better to win the game you're playing, regardless of if it's part of a division series, or if you've just been promoted, or if it's just a typical game in the middle of the division standings.

Packerr

01-15-2013

dumbest thing i have ever seen.

Yo Mango

01-15-2013

dang, it looks almost identical to Stacraft 2 ladder system