New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

01-15-2013

Now put it in Dominion. >_>

zergman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

In this it mentions

"The league system will always try to place you in a league with summoners on your friends list first, provided they’re in the same skill tier you are. If you want to check your ranking against a friend in another league, you can compare your tier, division, and league points to get a general idea of whose closer to the top"

because of this would it be beneficial if we have a large friends list of friends at similar skill levels to trim up our friends list prior to Season 3 implementation? I have some friends I really want to get matched with and others that are more of acquaintances. I wouldn't want having a large friends list to keep me from getting grouped with my closest friends.

TM oJun

01-15-2013

tldr = you get sent to categories after placement, get league points to get out.

iamt3n

01-15-2013

Yeah ELO is gone but you can still calculate your effective elo pretty easily...

Say gold tier now is 1500-1800 elo

In the new system if you are gold tier 3rd division then you are halfway in the middle which is 1650.

iNightmareX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

I think the ELO system is better as it is more simple.

Tadrin

01-15-2013

So as a person who only plays maybe one or two soloq games a week ranking up is going to awful hard for me?

Piglet

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNightmareX View Post
I think the ELO system is better as it is more simple.
Agreed.

Tamagatchi

01-15-2013

This looks exactly like SC2's ladder...

Hubert Ozwell

01-15-2013

If you cannot drop tiers does that mean you will continue to be matched with the people at the bottom of your tier no matter how many times you lose afterwards? And if so do you have a system implemented in order to resolve elo boosting and/or getting lucky in your placement matches and then continually underperforming in a tier you don't belong in?

ItsABadBromance

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt3n View Post
What if no one in your "league" is on at 4am... That mean you cant play ranked?
No, its still matching you up against people outside of your league and, if I read it right, your division.