New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Userr

01-15-2013

I was hoping it would say something about ranked dominion.

Bradykin

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Kingi View Post
Its a good model.

Sorry if chance is scary.
It's a terrible model. All it is is doing is hiding your elo, and replacing it with cosmetic "tiers" with no meaning to compare yourself to a small group of people you don't care about. And the tiers will have no meaning since you can't lose them, meaning it won't expect people to maintain their rating at all and will have artificial titles to make them feel good. This is 100% a gift to the whiners in the game, and a pain in the ass and a huge problem for those who want to know the legitimate numbers.

Crimson Vampire

01-15-2013

I am excited to see LoL evolving. I have hit lvl 30 but still get all butterfly whenever I go to find a ranked match lol. Can't wait for the new changes and the recognition to the leagues best!

I Play Orianna

01-15-2013

please don't do this, the current system works, its simple and for all its flaws every game matters and matters almost equally

I don't want all the problems of a complex system in a team oriented game its just gonna be bad for so long

iMRts

01-15-2013

I have a friend A. I'd like to know my skill level relative to his.

I'm f#cked.

Lemon Kingi

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradykin View Post
It's a terrible model. All it is is doing is hiding your elo, and replacing it with cosmetic "tiers" with no meaning to compare yourself to a small group of people you don't care about. And the tiers will have no meaning since you can't lose them, meaning it won't expect people to maintain their rating at all and will have artificial titles to make them feel good. This is 100% a gift to the whiners in the game, and a pain in the ass and a huge problem for those who want to know the legitimate numbers.
ELO will just be for better matching players within the same skill range in your bracket.
Give it a shot, and see how it turns out.

At worst you may have someone selling time to boost other players into X Bracket.

iMRts

01-15-2013

I'm so upset at this new stupid system.

Invictrix

01-15-2013

So like pokemon

Krevan Ser Kay

01-15-2013

Hi Rioters!

I'm excited to see the new ranked system changes. It parallels the system I saw back when I played SC2, but with more transparency (which was the biggest complaint from the community).

I had a question about elo. You said elo still exists, but is hidden. Additionally even if you lose 1000 games after reaching gold, you'll just end up being gold division 5 with 0 points, but you won't be demoted unless you go inactive for a long time. My question is: Does your elo freeze after a certain point of losing?
Would someone theoretically be able to abuse this system by losing 1000 times after getting to gold and tanking their elo to 0, then play against exclusively bronze players to farm their way up to platinum? I suppose another solution would be if large gaps in elo had bigger effects on the number of 'league points' gained per win to prevent this kind of behavior. (during season 2, even when duoing with people 200-300 elo lower than yourself, you'd still gain 9 elo per game!)

Thanks!
-Krevan

Borand

01-15-2013

Hi Yegg.

Can you please give something more detailed?

So far what I get is:
>You collect 250 players on the same elo zone ("tier"), and form a group named a league.
>The players of the league are distributed on 5 smaller groups within the league, called divisions.
>Divisions are groups of 50 players with a seperate ranking. The 50 people with the lowest elo rating in the league are division 5, the next 50 form division 4, and so goes on until the best ones go into division 1.
>Players compete with players from their tier, regardless of their league or division. Winning or losing determines their ranking within their division.
>Becoming number 1 in a division qualifies players for moving to the higher one.
>Moving from division 1 will get you to a new league of the next tier, in division 5.
>Being the worst in your tier won't downgrade you to a lower one, but you will still be on division 5 in your league and play against lower rankings.

Am I right?
Also, are Leagues placed "horizontally" within a tier or "vertically"?