Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

01-15-2013

Ranked dominion where?

iMRts

01-15-2013

I think this new system is terrible.

I'd like to know my skills please, not how much EXP point or LP I got through playing 1 million games.

It's essentially increasing level 30 to lvl 3000. ???????????????????

Dumey

01-15-2013

I'm in support of this system.

However, I don't like the whole "Can't fall in League because of losses."

Small story, I played a lot of SC2, though I was never that great. I played Terran. I learned really easy macro tricks and learned how to do timing attacks that many people simply didn't know how to scout and defend. I made it up to a high division of Gold. But I was getting bored and decided I wanted to learn a different race. I changed to Zerg, and I just plain got WRECKED in the division I was in. Fell all the way to Bronze before I started getting the hang of it again. Then I was able to work myself all the way back up to Gold again before I eventually stopped playing SC2 with any regularity. It was a fun time, and as stated, those Milestone achievements of going up in ranked were what kept me going, trying to improve.

Now if I get lucky in my placements, get carried, get placed in High Silver or Low Gold, then I find that I suck and drop a lot. A lot of the incentive in coming back up is lost on me, because I'm just gaining super diminished LP in a league I'm not supposed to be in? I have a couple of friends that initially dropped down to 700-800 and are now 1600 players from building themselves up. You're kind of "blocking" those milestone achievements if the player had any sort of luck at all in their placements.

It's a small worry, and I understand that you still are faced with similar MMR opponents regardless of your League/Division, but I don't get the logic for not allowing people to fall. Give a bigger grace period for people in the low end of a league, but don't block it entirely.

Jamvert

01-15-2013

Quote:
Serialkiller94:
THIS IS SO ****ING STUPID. I literally ****ing hate you Riot. No dropping skill tiers? So all these people who get carried up? I get to ****ing play with them forever?

Is this **** for real Riot? I've literally never seen something this stupid before.

No, you are miss understanding this. The tiers are purely cosmetic. They have no influence at all on who you are matched up against. You are still matched based on something like Elo, it is just completely hidden from you.

NK Terrorist

Recruiter

01-15-2013

So will there be a soft elo reset or a hard elo reset in Season 3?

Bradykin

01-15-2013

Please, please do NOT implement this! This is an idiotic system that hides and messes with data that has no benefit!

Lemon Kingi

01-15-2013

Quote:
1337GamerBoy:
Sounds like starcraft

Its a good model.

Quote:
Bradykin:
Please, please do NOT implement this! This is an idiotic system that hides and messes with data that has no benefit!

Sorry if change is scary.

Vagrant voice

01-15-2013

inb4 i get 3 afks in 3 first games and then gg for me

Wolféran Maximus

01-15-2013

One word for this post... EPIC!

Dnob

01-15-2013

this sounds so cool