New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The MechE

01-15-2013

gj Riot, make ratings more ambiguous so people can't QQ about elo hell.

-.-

while making it a pain in the butt for us to see how we match up against other people.

Bradykin

01-15-2013

This seems like a really pointless and confusing change designed to mask one's simple numeric rating. I 100% vote they remove this change, because frankly its a stupid idea.

CoolMintz

01-15-2013

Starcraft 2 Ladder system! I like it

iMRts

01-15-2013

Does this mean a Diamond.Division5 who played 2000 games can be worse than Gold.Division1 who played 200 games?

So if EVERYONE play thousands of games, eventually they all will end up Diamond and Challeger? (Like WOW system, everyone will be at max level)

Does that mean, there is NO visual WAY to compare skills between players ? (In WOW, same lvl does not mean equal skills)

I'd like to know how good am I compared to the rest of the world. The new system doesn't let me know that because if I play 10000 games, I'm going to be challenger regardless.

Please, give me back my ELO, even if it's 100.

GOD SlN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

THIS IS SO ****ING STUPID. I literally ****ing hate you Riot. No dropping skill tiers? So all these people who get carried up? I get to ****ing play with them forever?

Is this **** for real Riot? I've literally never seen something this stupid before.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Hey Yegg,
Can we get some consolidation of the questions you've answered in your replies to your original post?

Dr Toenail

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR) is far below where it should be for your current division, you will gain LP much more slowly. Similarly, if for some reason your MMR is far above where it should be for your current division, you will gain LP more quickly. Throwing games will not help you out in this system. It's always better to win the game you're playing, regardless of if it's part of a division series, or if you've just been promoted, or if it's just a typical game in the middle of the division standings.
I feel like this bit of info is important enough to put in the news announcement. A lot of people are going to try this if they aren't aware, and like you've said before Yegg (or was it Lyte?) a lot of LoL users don't really check the forums.

Shadowavion

01-15-2013

is there going to be a soft reset?

BlazingSalvo

01-15-2013

So it like pairs you with the other players in your league, kind of like a team? (I mean it says you can play AGAINST anyone not just your league, and it pairs you with friends FIRST, suggesting the point of a league is to make you play with the same people over and over? (develop connections, learn playstyles)? am i wrong?

Regulas

01-15-2013

So basically you are using the Starcraft II system, which is good cause it's what you should have done to start with.