New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarFault View Post
New ranking system is completly broken. Riot you have made it near imposible to advance and a player can only decline in brakets because of the amount trolls and feeders in this game. GG Riot. You have destroyed ranked play. Points should not be based off your teams win or lose. It should be based on the individual players KDA.
It should not be based on KDA either! what if you did most of the damage and unable to kill... then some troll finally decides to do something and last hit for the kill and you dont get assist? maybe we should report you because you had a bad KDA?

Dominion point system is more viable here. For every division you have to reach a certain amount of points(either harder to gain points or require more points in higher divisions) to rank up. Not based on kills or wins but what you did.

It should be improved to meet the demands of a proper rank system, ex: If you heal someone who isnt being damage, points earned should be less than when you heal someone who is being damaged, etc. This should encourage more team-like behavior.

If the kinks are worked out, then those who aren't displaying top quality game play would either stay in a certain division or if they perform bad(not gaining enough points), they get ranked down.

Iceland

Recruiter

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
Troll rates in ranked are honestly too high as well... Maybe implement a system that doesn't let someone play ranked queue for a month or two after they've been banned for w/e reason, or completely limit that right/luxury if they've been banned +3 times or so. I think Riot can come up with something. The League Community is huge, but it is also known for it's trolls and ragers. I know this can be dealt with. Thanks Riot <3

Vu Sugoi

02-21-2013

so this was my last attempt in rank until they fix this ****. I got booted down to V after working so hard to get to III. Kept having trolls, horrible teammates and people in lower divisions teaming up with me. Our Varus made his sister play a rank match for him and all she did was fed. I honestly think he was acting because he came back and said "oh sorry, it was my sister playing" then he let her play again and kept saying sorry after dying. in fights, varus kept right clicking random creeps so hes spinning in circles while the other team AUTO-HIT him to death.

I had high hopes for you guys and honestly regretting wasting money on you guys... I think I'm gonna try DOTA2 and Bloodline Champions or maybe go back to HON. In HON YOU BAN/KICK PEOPLE YOU DONT LIKE out of the current game/matching.

Thanks RIOT for another horrible season.

Sincerely Your Former Beta Tester

Death4life21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Wow riot..somehow you guys always seem to come through at the end,.good job!

TrollolIoIl Boy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Hi everyone, i want to know how league points work. When you win and when you lsoe a rank. Does it considere your KDA, if bad you'll win less point? And on a win do you win less if you dont have a good score?
Please explain it
thank you

EvrydayImJunglin

02-23-2013

I dont understand how i can win 3 games and get 5 level points for game but i lose one game and go down 19 points

iNovaz

02-23-2013

How are those little names determined? For example, under my profile it says "Nami's Soldiers." And is there any way to change them?

Khloro

03-05-2013

Question
Sure. For the sake of illustration, lets take the hypothetical (and non-existent) player Steve McQueen. Steve completes his placement matches and falls into division three of the Silver tier. Hes then placed into a league with up to 250 other Silver tier players. Based on their skill level, these players are evenly distributed across the five Silver tier divisions, so Steves league contains around 50 players in each division. When Steve acquires 100 League Points by winning ranked games, hell have the opportunity to play a Division Series to move up. If he were already in division one, hed get to play a Promotion Series to break into a new league in the Gold tier.

when you are up for promotion are you playing with people that also are up from promotion?

I found that i have not been able at times to get promoted do the fact of an AFK or etc.. if I could play with people that are going to get promoted i think the would be less chance of an AFK or etc

tbagum

03-10-2013

so no answers from RIOT?

tbagum

03-10-2013

This issue is still on going.. Im in silver 5. I had 0 points because I just got promoted which took forever because of only getting 1-3 lp per win. I win 4 games in a row in silver and I only have 21 lp.. Averaging 5-7 per game..wtf. not to mention im always qued with bronze players. I was so excited to get out ofbronze to only find out I still have to play with these trolls. I think Riot needs to hurry and fix this issue..Im done spending my money on rp and boost when they cant get a simple ranked system down right.