New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Setz3R

02-13-2013

Not to question the current ranked system we are working in, but I'd have to say I'm a little frustrated with it sometimes. I am a new player that came from Starcraft (in which I assume you guys derived this system from anyway) who was used to being promoted semi-randomly depending on how consistently around the same level I'm playing. In that game, when you beat people in higher leagues than you, you have to do this several more times and play consistently in order to get promoted. In this game, I can go 5-1 ranked one day, from 30 points not even getting to 70 points. Then I go in go 3-1 or 5-1 again the next day and then getting 100 points to get to my promotion series. This is where the problem is.

The first game I join we have an afker. He comes back 10 minutes in saying his client wasn't working (which is understandable). I've had that happen to me many times, but its still SILLY. Why doesn't this game load in an actual game? Why do we have to use the client even though it fails horribly if you accidentally misclick outside of League of Legends. That cost us the game. Second game I am in with him again, this time we completely get outplayed but I manage to keep an even ratio and tried to rally our team to victory.

How come I can have an OVERALL positive win loss ratio, but because I had some bad luck the first game that is the fate that determines moving up. Plus You literally have to go like 10 or 12-2 just to hit a hundred points! You know how long these games are? That's like 12 hours of game time. I don't know, it just doesn't seem fun to play in a system that doesn't reward you for GOOD and CONSISTENT behavior. I just started playing the game so I never actually played when there was ELO, but right now I ADC and carry every game I'm in and still have a hard time advancing.

I'm not trying to complain, I am however trying to give constructive feedback. While I enjoy the idea of a pressure set of games that determine the outcome of a possible advancement in placement, it just seems odd that those are the games I have the worst leaver luck. Should it be possible to move up without a series? Maybe only do a series if you are moving up into a new league? I don't know, but the way it is currently is a serious deterrent from actually wanting to play at all.

Nauty Jungle

02-13-2013

new ranked system sucks

Mooshk

02-15-2013

I eventually got up into the 90 League Points in Div 1 for silver And when I get there I was getting 1-3 league points per win .. I think I only got one 3LP win. So when I got around 96-97 LPs I was for sure only getting one point for one win... Well needless to say I eventually lost one at like 98 or 97 LPs and because of losing one game I got -14LPs How is that even fair? So I need to go on a 10 win prefect win steak to get into my promotion matches if I get in the 90LP area, If I lose one game I'll go down -10 or more league points... Seems broken to me =/

I've also read the FAQ about you get less LPs once you get near to the promotion matches. But getting 1-3 LPs in the 90s it makes it almost impossible When in Season 2 if I had won that many games I would of been Gold for sure. And as the the matches having people that weren't my tier or it not being difficult. I check after every game weather the opponents were in my Div and my tier and all of them were.

I just see it being a lot harder then it should be to get into a promotion match series. Since I had just about 3-4 days of ranked wiped clean after one lost

TuPapiii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

I gotta say, this new ranked system sucks, it's almost impossible to get to gold V, I hit the 90 LP mark 3 times already, I'm on the 4th try, I just won 3 games in a row, got from 91 to 98, 3 games, 7 LP. Before that near 80, I won 2 games, and got from 80 to 91. Yeah cool, make it really hard, and I understand why,
What I don't get is why I lose 25 LP for 1 loss when you are bound to get matched with trolls/afk/dc/etc, especially in this tier. Bit broken dont you think?

TuPapiii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

well, just lost a game, from 98, to 80, now gotta win 6 in a row to get to the promotion series. Awesome!! And by the way, checked in what tier/division players that got matched with me the game I lost were. Well, I had 2 gold V, a gold IV and a silver I in my team. The other team had, 2 gold III, 1 gold V, 1 gold IV and 1 gold I - this gold I guy, was in his promotion series for diamond - why the hell am i playing against gold player while being in silver I and why the hell am i losing 18LP against these players. Dont make it even more impossible by matching me with people that are on gold and almost diamond, match me with silver I people. Jesus, this system couldnt be any more broken.

So my "hidden elo" keeps going up, but I won't get to the promotion series for gold, yey.

charatian

02-18-2013

Me and my friend are currently gold 5.We duo'd last three games, i just dont understand how were we 4th and 5th pick when our 1st to 3rd pick are all silver?This **** doesn't make any sense to me. For god sakes, i'm not playing til its fixed.

LunarFault

02-18-2013

New ranking system is completly broken. Riot you have made it near imposible to advance and a player can only decline in brakets because of the amount trolls and feeders in this game. GG Riot. You have destroyed ranked play. Points should not be based off your teams win or lose. It should be based on the individual players KDA.

NukkaNukka

02-19-2013

I dont know how many other people consistently get players like this on your team... I needed to win this series to get promoted and then this is what I get. So I have 2 choices either dodge and lose the promotion series.. Or play and hopefully we win somehow. Teemo with revive and smite? We need a option for other players on the team to do a majority kick vote for situations like this. Its never ending and they don't deserve to be in ranked, I could care less if someone did that in normal. But come on how are you suppose to carry yourself out of this **** when people do this and troll on purpose.

And not to mention when you lose your series you get 50 points taken away, I would rather play with the old elo system because I am tired of this new ranked system. And then when I file a complaint about it RIOT never gives me direct answers and avoids the troll in the message I send them and they just tell me that I should post here. This game is getting worse and worse everyday from trolls, I am about to put this game down and find something else.

Vu Sugoi

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuxxyMagnet View Post
new ranked system sucks
i bust my ass to get into the 3rd division from 5th Bronze division and I had some bad teammates. Since i got into the 3rd division, I had a **** ton of horribad team mates and go demoted into the 4th and can't seem to get any decent teammates at all.

We need to get the whole riot staff to play with nothing but horribad teammates for a month and if they cant rank up, they need to give away $1,000,000 for each of riot member that fail to rank up steadily. Let's see how they like it. A lot of people been dealing with this **** for years.

Vu Sugoi

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by charatian View Post
Me and my friend are currently gold 5.We duo'd last three games, i just dont understand how were we 4th and 5th pick when our 1st to 3rd pick are all silver?This **** doesn't make any sense to me. For god sakes, i'm not playing til its fixed.
Ikr? I was in division 3 and I was getting teamed up with division IV and V... wtf and sometimes I would be at the bottom of the team pick!! This new league system is a scam to trick us in believing they did something new, right? Same old system, different marketing.