New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zepel

02-07-2013

Well glad I'm not the only one having this problem, was sent her for it

Hey Riot, love the game lemme just say that to start us off. Been playing with the new rank system and been loving, it makes me feel more relaxed while playing although as of recent, I have had a few problems. I'm in the Silver 1 tier and I duo queue with someone who is in silver 3. Before I was making 20ish points a victory and losing 21ish points a loss. Perfect for me. Though today when I've duo queued with my friend, my point awards have gone like this 81 + 9, 90 + 3, 93 + 2. Now that seems a bit off, as I thought that first game was going to qualify me for my series only to find that I went to 90, and then I thought the second one would for sure but to only go to 93. To finally the third game which unless something is broken should surely get me to my series, didn't. This is really bothersome, because I've been on a hot streak and those only last for so long and for me to think I should be 2 games in my series (both victories) and not be in, it is very discouraging.

Hopefully we can resolve this problem, if it is a problem.

ArchitectofFate

02-07-2013

I am also having the samp problem as the people above, and when i submitted a request in player support i was told to come here, so here is my problem:
i was gaining on average 12-20 League Point's per win untill i hit 88 League Point's in my tier, my next win i only gained 3, the win after that i only gained 2, the win after that i gained 2 and the win after that i gained 2, in 4 wins i went from 88 League Points to 95 League Points. This is obviously a mistake, as i am watching people on 62 League Points win 2 games and be up for promotion, by rights i would be in Gold right now if your League Point calculator wasn't screwing up. Please fix this problem, it is very frustrating having to play so hard for a win, and then get almost no reward for it at all. I have also looked at the method in which the amount of League Points a player recieves for a win is calculated, so i started looking at how high my rank is comapred to those of my teammates and opponents. I saw that my opponents were usually supposed to win, as most of the time they had 3-4 players in the gold division, whilst my team only had the 1. I have screenshots of this if you want to see them.

llevito

02-08-2013

hello , im having the same problem here , and i was sent here to talk about it , so here it is:
i just won my last 3 ranked games and usually before this 3 rankeds that i just won i used to earn like around 20 LP when i win games , but now i had 80 LP , so i won a ranked and they gave me 10 lp and i was like WTF i used to earn 20 lp for every ranked game that i win , but since i had 90 lp i said to me , well... ok then i just need one game to get to 100LP , so i played one , and i won and i earned 5 LP!!! and i was like raging like WHAT THE HELL DUDE!!! but then i was so close to my 100LP (i had 95 already) that i risk myself again and i played one last time and i won again! and this time it gave me 2 LP!! 2 LP!!! wtf , i dont understand , please give me more lp or something , it is so unfair i got friends that are getting promoted and im here stuck winning and not being able to get to promotion , i should be gold already , im silver 1 and i want to be gold so bad , but im here stuck , please help me , this is really unfair , thanks anyway for reading this.
I will not play more solo que ranked games so that u can like see that im not lying , please help me , thx again

TheCøøkieMonster

Home Invader

02-08-2013

I played 5 games of my series to rank up to gold, I won the first two, lost the next two, and won the last one. But the last game did not count towards my series so I didn't rank up wanted to know if this could be fixed.

Calenord

02-08-2013

I'm begging you. For the love of Teemo, fix this system. I was very into seeing ELO go away but this new League system seems to have changed nothing as of now, sorry to say.

You guys keep using systems made for solo (1v1) games without considering this is a team game. Personal value is not at all taken into account, not with old ELO nor with new Leagues system.

You lose more LP than you win atm, and with the new need for qualification matches, winning a series is almost impossible now whereas you hit one loss on 0 LP and you go down. People is trolling you down just as easily as before if not faster.

malgannis118

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Great job with the new system, sarcasm obviously if u are in promotion and have to dodge for trolls or afk in champ selection, it counts like one lost great... i lost my promotion with 1 win already because i have to dodge 2 times thanks to trolls and a nice guy that stays afk and the game gives him random pick, just love how u do all the things riot

Teleporting Dog

02-09-2013

If I am in one of the promotional matches and I dodge a game in champ select nothing happens, right?

MrShedey

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You start with 0 LP, yes, but there's a grace period where it's impossible to be demoted for the first few games in the new division, so losing won't really cost you anything. You can look at it as a time to relax for a bit after successfully getting through a division series.
It's really working? After tryhard to promote, I've lost one match and I've been demoted again. It's very frustratin, becouse I'm loosing lots of games becouse of trolls. And when I promote I'd be glad if i can't demote right next lost.

Surrey MACC

02-10-2013

The new system is pathetic. For placement you are matched with just anyone so half the games you get matched with people who leave and go afk. It ruins the whole fun of the game.