New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

klerikuzo

02-05-2013

So now Riot is copping staff from starcraft... I wonder is there anything that is your own and actually works?!

Blitzya

02-05-2013

looks awesome

Sarah Rowen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I have some questions concerning the Challenger Tier:

1. How many players in total can be in this tier in solo q?
2. What happens if a Diamond I player win a best of 5 to enter the Challenger Tier when It's full and the lowest score there is, let's say, 150 LP?
3. When and how much a player in this Tier lose from inactivity?
4. I know that it's too ealy to discuss this but concerning the endseason rewards, what will happen if someone reached the Challenger Tier but lost it thoughout the time? This player will gain the Challenger or Diamond rewards?

Thaanks!

Intercorez

02-05-2013

The new ranked system is very unorganized and a pretty poorly done job....
It's not putting me with anyone in my skill level. and takes forever to que games.
Riot should go back to the drawing board on this one.

D0ct0re

02-06-2013

Ive sent a ticket in about this and got told by Zonrox to say something on here for an actual answer to this.

Hello, I need this explained. The new league system was suppose to be a little more fair and just from my understanding of what all I read and listened to. How does one go on a 7 game win streak then his next 3 games won, while on the 7 game streak, the summoner gets a total of 5 points in the system (2 points 1 game, 2 points in next, n then 1 point on the last game) but then loses 1 game and lost 19 points and another lose another 18 points taken. My understanding of this new system the higher win streak you have more points suppose to get and then if you hit a bad run you tend to lose a little less so you dont lose all of your progess just because of 1 or 2 games or trollers. I went from 91 points to 96 (in the 3 game spand) back down after 2 loses to 57. Is this the way the system is suppose to work or did I get screwed completely for unknown reasons? If this is the way system suppose to work then I dont see how its possible to climb out of anything unless you go make a whole new account or get so extremely lucky. You can only do so much by yourself since this is suppose to be a team game and you now get punished for leaving during champion select if someone is trolling. Which I have a suggestion for that is to have a vote kick during champion select to kick someone out of the champion select list so summoners dont have to punish theirselves because of someone. It takes 4 out of 5 votes to surrender in a game why not have it to get rid of the troll people as well? My main concern is the point system for rank though.

oMnet

02-06-2013

I've sent a message on the player support, but I received a message telling me to express my thoughts on this forum. So here it is...

I think, and I should not be the only one, that there is something broken about this system. When you get to silver division and under, it seems to be a roller-coaster. You climb up (while it's extremely difficult to do), but falling down to 0 points and dropping of division seems so easy because of all those trolls, negative players or even unexperienced players. There should be a way to fix that. I don't know reward good players even in a lost? Allow a kick in the queue so we don't get trolled in the game as I've read in another post? Honestly, there is something extremely frustrating about this system. Whenever you finally get on a win streak, it's so easy to loose all your efforts and drop of division. I went from Silver division 3 with about 90 points, to division 5... without playing that much games. It's an addictive but frustrating game. I don't know what to do in this situation

Keldane

02-06-2013

Yeah I'm mad at the momment but this just happened, today I was playing ranked games normally winning 20 pts per match until I reached 80 points at some momments and then I won 4 matches, those matches gave me in this order

* 10 points
* 4 points
* 2 points
* 1 point

So then I keep playing ranked and surprise... I lose 20 points in one match, I just lost more than what I won on 4 matches! May someone explain me why does this happen? all these matches were SOLO queue, my ranked score is 198 wins / 174 losses

Also... I didn't get with ANY friend on my division...

BreezeX

02-06-2013

I also just sent in a ticket and was told to come here. Hopefully my questions will be answered here. Basically I have the same issue as most people here. After updating my LoL I immediately started playing ranked to move up in my division/tier. I notice I was getting around 20+ points per win until around 80 points. After that I got about 6 points per win. around 90 I notice I was only gaining 1-2 points per win. throughout that whole day I won roughly 15 ranked matches and only lost 2 matches and still never got 100 points. at around 86 points was when I was on my hot streak and won 5 matches in a row. This was how my points progressed.

1) 80
2) 86
3) 90
4) 93
5) 96

So over the course of 5 straight wins I earned a total of 19 points. I than lost 1 and only 1 game and lose 25 points. Basically I went from the number 1 spot in my division to number 14 from one lost. This system seems really one sided, you have to realize a game averages around 40 minutes maybe more and to have all your hard work destroyed by 1 lost is ridiculous. I understand that it is suppose to take hard work to move up in your tier/division but still how can you make it that you lose everything you spend hours on from one lost. Also I would imagine that you should gain more points if you're on a hot streak but instead I am rewarded with less points? I simply don't understand and I wish someone will answer me. (Also after submitting my ticket because of that lost that brought me down to spot 14 I won another game which gave me 25+ points to qualify me for the promotion series. Either my ticket was read and I got my points back or the system is broken)

Mid Carry Please

02-06-2013

I am gold I right now. i ve been gaining n losing average of 30 ELO per game. Until i hit 90 league points, i stopped gaining 30ELO but instead, i only get 2ELO. i was about 90 league points, 10 away for my platinum 5 series. I won 5games in a row and now i m only 98. Can you please check and tell me why, because 2points per game is really not resonable and i checked my teamates and enemy team. We are all about the same tier n division. i lost n i lost 15 points ina game..

gameboy0895

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Love the new League system. Although me and my friends have been placed in different leagues.. (I'm in TF's shadow and one my friends is in Xin Zhao's fighters or something) ... I always feel a sense of achievement. Before, in the elo system it was just a number... and among the thousands of players... felt very insignificant and ranking up was hopeless. Almost felt like I was a sludge or quicksand at lower elo. Now I've been winning ranked games more often and I'm more determined to acquire those 100 LP and kick off my division series. When it starts I can feel the adrenaline pumping. When I advance a division.... I feel awesome. Me and my friends are frequently comparing what division we are in and how close we are to the next tier and the next series. I've advanced two division aldready and it feels awesome. I feel like I'm going somewhere.

Great change Riot!