New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryannathans

02-02-2013

Are we currently supposed to be able to play a 5v5 team ranked game? (It's not working for my team?)

LeagueOfKiddies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I'm sorry riot, but the majority of my real life friends have

LeagueOfKiddies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I'm sorry riot, but the majority of my real life friends and about half of my friends list has quit this game in the last couple of weeks awaiting this patch, and i haven't played a game for almost a week either.

What you have done only caters to people who were unranked in the first place, or were below 1500 or something and casual players.

Removing elo has lost the addictive nature of this game, and the motivation for most people to play. Imagine this: most youngsters these days really do relate that elo number to their self worth.

Whoever made this idea might be the cause of a lot of you losing jobs at riot, and perhaps the end of this game.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining, i'm graduating university this year and it's very tough, and this game was holding me back from accomplishing what I needed to from life.

Still though, I cannot believe you guys would think this wouldn't ruin your game.

Vyas

02-02-2013

according to "in other words, losing can never cause you to fall below 0 League Points in the lowest division of your league " you cant drop from gold to silver. can you please tell me if you can or cannot

KnightBlade

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagueOfKiddies View Post
I guess I shouldn't be complaining, i'm graduating university this year and it's very tough, and this game was holding me back from accomplishing what I needed to from life.

Still though, I cannot believe you guys would think this wouldn't ruin your game.

So a game was holding you back from graduating and reaching your goal in life...I think you have bigger problems than worrying about how this league system is going to be "the end of League of Legends".

Picofarad

02-02-2013

The change is great and all but do something about foreigners playing on the US servers. Especially in ranked, half the game is decided at the champion select, if you have people that cant, are impaired or unwilling to communicate then you put that team at a distinct disadvantage. Please make it so that people in the asias, or south/central americas cannot come to the american servers. This game is large enough that they have no reason to not be on their respective servers.

Nauticalmike

02-02-2013

What happens now if you dodge ranked query? Do you lose league points or are u penalized by just being made to wait 5 min and so on?

Crow˝

02-02-2013

RIOT MAKE A VOTE KICK SYSTEM IN RANKED QUEUE........ its unfair to penalise the good guy for dodging and saving his team a frustrating 20 minutes and elo loss.. however if people are able to votekick the troll ( giving the troll atleast a 5 mnute/ then 10 / then 15 / then thirty minte wait) trolls will be discouraged and more or less non-existant INGAME..
the pros offered by this votekick system far outweight the cons and allow the majority of the league playerbase to play ranked properly and allows them to gain divisions in this alreyd harder gaining league system. by votekicking u will render trolls non-existant hopefully and allow good fun challenging FIVEonFIVE games instead of the common 4v5 or 5v4 u find in the lower elos

Knightmusic

02-02-2013

I see a very major hole in this new system, and I'm curious how you will go about stabilizing it. it won't happen overnight, but without a way to be demoted down a tier, eventually everyone will end up in the top tier. the highest skilled players will first move up to it, then the highest skilled in the next lowest will eventually make it there, making the job of being promoted tiers much easier to the ones who would've been demoted. the pattern will repeat until you get people from bronze tier working on promotions through the ranks because only silver and bronze players remain to compete for those promotions. it's not an overnight thing, but within a year it will be a noticeable problem, I'm very curious how you plan to stabilize it. (I may be entirely wrong in this, if I am I apologize in advance)

Crow˝

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmusic View Post
I see a very major hole in this new system, and I'm curious how you will go about stabilizing it. it won't happen overnight, but without a way to be demoted down a tier, eventually everyone will end up in the top tier. the highest skilled players will first move up to it, then the highest skilled in the next lowest will eventually make it there, making the job of being promoted tiers much easier to the ones who would've been demoted. the pattern will repeat until you get people from bronze tier working on promotions through the ranks because only silver and bronze players remain to compete for those promotions. it's not an overnight thing, but within a year it will be a noticeable problem, I'm very curious how you plan to stabilize it. (I may be entirely wrong in this, if I am I apologize in advance)
riot relies on the trolls/afks to stabilize it fer us