New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiz Khalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantrucaElChoro View Post
i understood pretty much except 1 thing: how does the best of 3 or the best of 5 work? that can work on ranked teams but i cant find the explanation to solo duo q, i mean: if u reach 100 you will play 3 games and u have to win 2, the question is: with who and against who?
With / against the same people as before. This new league thing changes nothing about matchmaking at all, you still have your elo (just no more visible), you still get matched by elo. This new system is nothing but a graphic interface built on top of your elo rating, which more rewarding looking ladders and badges. There are only 2 differences:
- Hitting new tier (silver->gold->plat etc) needs you to win 2/3 and 3/5 respectively
- Falling into lower tier is no longer possible like with elo, however your hidden elo will still drop even if your badge doesn't. Basically that could mean you can be able to hit Diamond, then lose 100 games on purpose and still be in the Diamond league, but you will be in elo hell and ranked last spot #250 on your league

BooredAndrew

02-01-2013

how many games would a grace period have? if i get 40 LP and drop down to zero, do i drop down a division? or do i get another grace period?

TheRageBox

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Hello, my dilemma would be that i am not gold elo now. During the preseason i was gold, and had 1500 current elo, and 1520 top elo. I was reading the facts about the new elo system and i assumed i would be gold during the actual season 3. I logged on today to find out I'm not gold anymore! This is kind of irritating because i assumed I'd be gold and I am kind of disappointed. The actual elo it takes to achieve tiers was raised i assume, but i am kind of confused about all of this. Please explain!! =/

I am Jeshu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
The league system will always try to place you in a league with summoners on your friends list first, provided they’re in the same skill tier you are.
All of my friends that i play with in ranked, normals and even in my ranked team got placed in "Diana's Dervish" except for me in "Kha'Zix's Harbingers". I am a sad panda

I know i can still play with them i would've just liked to be able to view my rating against theirs in the ladder..

0ompa

02-01-2013

So i won my first game and got 12 points
Won my next game and got something . . . i didn't check
Lost my third game and went to Zero
Won my fourth and now i have 14 points total

3W 1L = 14 points ???? srsly??

ELG Pajamaman

Recruiter

02-01-2013

4W-2L = 11 points???? I was better off 1-0....

BloodraiderX

02-01-2013

thank you neato stuff yall keep being creative

Nurp Derp

02-01-2013

Great new system....either win every single game or drop tiers repetitively. I resign.

Maflagh

02-02-2013

Its a simple fix actually make a best 2/3 series to keep people from dropping division it gives them a warning, rather then just being dropped like that, and spurns a more competitive edge to have the chance to stay within the higher division. Simply making it 10 times harder to advance then be demoted does little for making players happy, they like to win, as do most gamer like my self XD. But my point is that I will win some and lose some win 2 in a row then ill lose 3 in row and all of sudden drop a division now I am forced to try and go 5-0 just to be eligible for promotion so in actuality you need to go on a run like 7-1 to advance but only need a record of like 3-4 to drop. This seems a little one sided

Eze Templar

02-02-2013

wow this will great season ever..nice works riot..