New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alabugin

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti1460 View Post
i agree with the guys here. i also sometimes dodge, and the only reason i do so is because someone is trolling cuz they didnt get the role they wanted even though they were 2nd to last or last pick. whats the point in playing a game u know ur gonna lose because someone picks a mid champ and locks in after someone else already locked in a mid champ. the trolling in this game is getting stupid. tonight alone i played like 4-5 games and 2-3 of them i had someone say "mid or trolling" or "top... well if you wont let me have top im trolling" i was 1213 at one point in season 3 and now im 1001 because of trolls (not all of it) but most of it. i had a 3 day run where i won 2 games out of maybe 20, because of ppl leaving the game or someone was trolling because they didnt get the role they wanted..

and they said it in champ selection that they are trolling cuz they know they cant get in trouble for it cuz if they are reported the chat in team selection wont be shown. i understand that has to be something to stop ppl from dodging but 90% of the ppl dodging right now are ppl that dont want to play a game cuz they know they are gonna lose because someone is trolling. also because of losing so much from that, i am now stuck in an elo that is so hard to get out of because i will have a good winning streak, and then my losing streak will be double that because im the only one on my team that didnt feed. (then my score looks bad cuz i died over and over cuz they were all so fed). in the last few weeks i cant tell you how many times i have lost having he only postive k/d ratio on my team.

now im afraid since even tho my highest elo is 1213, my current elo (1001) is gonna put me right back where i am now and im never gonna get out in the new system.

i honestly think there needs to be a certain amount of wins or something before someone can start a ranked game. theres too many ppl that are playing that shouldnt be. and because of this players like my who are unlucky enough to get those ppl on our teams more than 50% of the time end up losing so much elo and then become stuck in the low elo's and cant get out of it. i cant carry every game like the pros can, and sometimes even when i carry its hard to win cuz im still only one person. i can only stop 1 lane from getting fed and even if i do that most of the time the 2 other lanes feed and sometimes even the jungler does. so whatever lane im against ends up getting fed too cuz of the snowball effect.

i know alot of ppl say this and most ppl dont believe in elo hell, and theres ppl that say theres stats that say u should only get this % of loses to trolls or whatnot, but i seem to get on more crappy teams than the average joe. theres friends of mine that i can beat on a normal basis that are way higher elo then me because they are lucky enough to get more good teams than bad.

i mean honestly, how do you lose 300 elo in 3 days and have a postive score in 75% of those games and say nothing is wrong. hell take my kha scores as proof. my r/d/a ratio is 5.9 to 5.1 to 6.9 yet i am 2-8 record with him.

it just seems to me that this new ranking system is just putting a fresh coat of paint on the old one an calling it something better when its the same thing. how are ppl gonna move up that deserve to if they play well but just have worse luck than other ppl on getting a team that isnt bad. or more trolls on their team than the average person.
You have a lot to learn - honestly at that ELO it doesnt matter - just get your best player and you SHOULD be able to carry your team to victory by making the other team not have fun. And the chances of trolls on the other team is just as high.

Negrojefe

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabugin View Post
It seems with this new system that will not be happening anymore!! This is wonderful honestly.
It will keep happening. The matchmaking doesnt really change, they just hide it from you.

AgarusRebrant

01-21-2013

Welldone Riot, welldone.

USSDiversity

Recruiter

01-21-2013

Can we get a specific date the change will take place?

Negrojefe

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You will still have to work hard to get into the high tiers of the league system, and when people see your medal on your profile they will know how well you have done. No one is getting a free ride, but they will get a badass playoff series to cap off the milestones of their journey.

If anything you will feel more accomplishment than ever knowing that the system challenged you to prove you should move up and you were able to answer that call by winning a best of 3/5 series.
I still dont understand why you think hiding information that belongs to the player from the player is a good thing.

Its my ELO, i deserve to be able to know it. I like seeing if i am improving my ELO or not, i like to be able to see if i am being matched with betetr people, with this new system, i cant know it for sure.

I may be able to guess it, but you just removed information i previously had and enjoyed having.

RustyNailgun

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSDiversity View Post
Can we get a specific date the change will take place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
We are aiming to have this on the PBE in a matter of days. We will monitor it carefully from there but don't expect it to take long after that.
----------------
This system so far sounds great, but I have a few additional suggestions:
1. No duo queue'ing in the placement series matches.

2. I also heard an idea for role queue'ing here, something that I too have dreamed of. The concept sounds good, but I image some roles (mid, top) will be far more popular than, say, support. Perhaps this can be counteracted with slightly higher IP/LP for playing less popular roles? I don't mean any substantial amount, but enough to make other roles equally attractive.

I realize role queue'ing could delay queue times, but I don't think any more so than the elo-based matchfinding does already.

I can imagine some players may choose, well..unorthodox champions for their roles, but I again - I doubt any more so than we already see happening. As such, limiting champions available to pick due to the role chosen in queue shouldn't be necessary for ranked. Especially considering the importance of meta countering and the evolution of the meta itself.

YounGummi

01-21-2013

when will this new system be active?

Cokhan

01-21-2013

Quite basically it is the StarCraft ladder ranks, I look forward to playing within this system

Jason Li

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

So...Thats mean there are no elohell anymore?

Krisald

01-21-2013

In other words, the Starcraft 2 system