New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkadventure

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksn Brazil View Post
So you think its better to punish the players who dodge a sureloss (when theres a troll in your team for example) then do something against pregame-trolling? I can allready see the new trolltrend in LoL. When you enter a promotion Series and you tell your team that this game now is very important for you then some will try to help you and some will exploit the fact that you will do everything possible to win. While in the lower Brackets like Bronze till Gold thats no big deal as soon as it comes to Diamond, Platinum and Chalenger things will start to get ugly. Specialy in Chalenger where it will be like a small city where everybody knows each other. It will be too easy to check lolking and see someone is on a WInstreak and possibly having a Promotion Series now. And then you can decide to break his streak by trolling his game.

How do you think you can prevent those kind of things from happen since you still didnt implement a function to exclude trolls from entering Ranked Games or get kicked from Q?

The only way to assure your Promotion Games will be Duo Q with a friend that is not having a Promotion Series himself so he can Dodge for you if your Team trolls. Or will you, Riot, go so far and take Duo Q leave as a reason to break the Promotion Series for the other player?
I think that trolling at Diamond level would get you banned pretty quick, give how small of a "city" it is. Hopefully having a small defined pool of players will motivate people to crack down on problems by using the Tribunal system for their tier.

Riderman10

01-18-2013

watch my video in youtube pls! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZPQ1CTwcKk

Barnavise

01-18-2013

it means we get to play the same people more often at low elos, gonna be a lot of repeat rage offfenders

captain Awesome7

01-18-2013

we need the option to votekick lobby troll !!!

BearJewSlava

01-18-2013

I play SC2 and I think this system sucks. I'd rather be # 290000 than "some league" because you can't actually compare skill between leagues.

L0rd Kenny

01-18-2013

Interesting so what if someone gets enough league points to advance on, what happens when he or she loses their promotional game?

Imetas

01-19-2013

Whats to stop people intentionally losing lots of games so they are playing with people several divisions below and then wining against these people to get their promotion?

CYSL

01-19-2013

when will this start?

AltF4QQtime

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
it sounds harsh and it IS harsh. some people are genuinely trols and i would gladly wait the 30min or hour it takes to have a chance at not playing a game with a troll or disruptive player.

XMystikX

01-19-2013

This seems a lot like SC2 and its ladder system... Riot... got my eye on you