New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vainko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

So since this is honestly just a cosmetic change the only way I see it working is by putting someone that is in a best of 3 or 5 series with others in the same series. If you are in one of these series you are most Lilkely trying to take the game seriously and win, however if it matches you with someone not in a series of their own they are far less likely to take the game seriously and try to win which is one of the problems of the current system (people not taking games seriously and not trying to their full potential to win).

Honestly if it does no happen like this or in some way similar this whole league thing is pretty non progressive for league of legends and on the same note purely cosmetic which I've been reading on this forum a lot of people are not too happy with.

Pulling in teammates that are not in a similar series of progression (3/5 or 2/3) is just terrible idea it will cause more problems than it will solve. I hope y'all have thought about this riot. I've never posted a comment on here before but felt the need to because I can already see the rage forums now being worse than before

neongreen001

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken4o View Post
u say that u got to diamond wirh 4k elo ?
Well let's say somehow you reached platinum tier. And you put your hidden elo all the way down to 0. So now, let's say they give you 1 league points per win. After 100 game which will put you at about 1.2k elo you will be playing the division series, so let's say you win 1 and lose 1, still 1.2k elo (if you both won and lost same amount of elo), and you win the other one so you are now in division 2 of platinum with 1.21k elo. If things stay like this (meaning you get the same amount of league points) you will be at the promotion series at around 4.84k elo. So diamond in about 5 or 3 games after that.

You would be playing with people around your elo at about half way through of the 2nd division of platinum tier. So with only that, you went up the ladder almost to the third division by playing weaker people, while some platinum players are still strugling to get past the first division.
But we all know that's not how it works, since as you gain elo you will also gain increasing number of league points. So let's say you are at the the second division when you are playing against your elo, but now you will gain the normal amount of league points which is about 12 points.
So in 4 matches if you win by playing at your elo, either superbly well or getting lucky and winning 4 in a row, you will be at the promotion series for diamond.

But we all know that you will be way higher (in the divisions or if you haven't reached diamond yet) by the time you reach your normal elo depending on how much point you get per win as you get closer to your normal elo.
Just remember though that I assumed you gained a steady 1 league points per win which is the only reason you were still at the second division by the time you reached your elo.

The point here is regardless of what happens, you can climb the ladder by playing against people weaker than you.

edit: I really like the new system though and since it hasn't been implemented yet it means that riot has a lot more time to work on it. The thing I like the most though is that now people will know when to go pro or not. And a lot of people who have never considered going pro before, now, when looking at their rank within the new system will more likely want to go pro. Challenger league is pretty good and it more easily tell you who are the best in a region.

Tbird

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
So if you win your first 3 promotion series matches will you play two more somewhat meaningless matches or will you automatically get promoted and start earning LP in your next tier?
Bumping this question again...just wanting to know if you will have to play matches that literally mean nothing to you if you win your first 2 or 3 in a division or promotion series respectively.

iCriiSis

01-17-2013

Damn hello there Call Of Duty league play haha. This is exactly like CoD! way better for people who lose because of bad/troll teammates

RaoulV

01-17-2013

when

Kakanukya

01-17-2013

I still think we need some kind of ranked "unskilled warning", something that would work like a report but not really serious for your account, but for your ranked games. Maybe something like: every 5 warnings you receive you lose 10 ELO, maybe even increase the ELO you lose when you get too many warnings. You should also lose some warnings every day, so let's say you received 100 warnings after 100-days you will have zero warnings, so you can come "clean". Might teach people some respect.

sodamnhungry

01-17-2013

cliff notes version please

Faxtro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Hmm, what about placing people who are in their best of 3 or best of 5 matches with other people in the best of 5 and best of 3 matches. That way, people will be more committed to those games. Each player will try his hardest and therefore there will be less leaving/trolling because it takes forever to get back to the best of 5/3.

F1 Racing

01-17-2013

When I play my Promotional or Divisional Games, are my teammates and opponents all playing their Promotional or Divisional advancement games?

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._explained_in/

explains alot

Xafo

01-17-2013

xD nice copy paste on starcraft 2 ladder