New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slash7

01-17-2013

Will I only be matched against opponents in my league?
No. Matchmaking isnít affected by your league, and youíll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community

i didnt understand this

league =/= skill level ?

i think the skill level needs more explenation

floh22

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by supister View Post
And to make matters worse, the matchmaking system is designed to ensure that you will only win 50% of your games...
not at all, it is designed so you win 50% of the games IF you are in the right league. if you are in a league thats too weak for you, you are going to win more than half your games.

derp youre dead

01-17-2013

OK, so let see, instead of being placed around people around your elo, you are now based around your ranking, placing you with 249 other players within the division within your "league points".
So tell me, what difference is this to the elo? It's still based on "wins vs losses" instead of skills/performance, cause let's be honest, unless you get into "gold tier," the skill level of players are still unpredictable.

ssoon

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash7 View Post
Will I only be matched against opponents in my league?
No. Matchmaking isnít affected by your league, and youíll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community

i didnt understand this

league =/= skill level ?

i think the skill level needs more explenation
You will be placed in a group division of 250 people, but you will still be facing all players within the league you are in, i.e. all silver players.

The league is still measured by an "Elo Rating" but the rating will be hidden, and it will only show your "league points".

Every max league points gets you a placement match into a higher Elo division, and when you max your league points in the highest division you get a placement match for the next tier league, i.e. gold league. Which means you've raised enough Elo to get into gold.

But the nice thing about the new system is once you are in a tier, you stay in that tier, meaning your Elo doesn't drop below that tier and you still face players in the same league as long as you keep playing.

GreyPowerVan

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMvillaiN View Post
You will be placed in a group division of 250 people, but you will still be facing all players within the league you are in, i.e. all silver players.

not true, league has nothing to do with matchmaking. you get matched just as you do now

Dimmizer

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Yay for Riot stealing something thats pretty much the same exact thing as the ladder system in Starcraft2...

Everythings the exact same except for Challenger at the very end instead of Masters like in Starcraft2.. whats next Riot Grand Challenger which would be like Grand Masters in SC2?

another thing that's different and is cool in my books is they at least show you how many points it'll take to get to the next tier

other then this though its nothing really NEW and special it's the exact same way SC2 does their ladder system pretty much. way to be original Riot..

WarrenDuDu

01-17-2013

how do you find how much league points u have right now or at any time?

TheFirefly757

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
These will just benefit trolls, all of my dodges is because somone is trollin( picking anivia adcarry as lastpick becuase somone took mid) and now u will lose elo insted of have to wait, i think that just is worse then before!

Demonik

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
I think you fail to realize that the reason people dodge on a whole isn't to micromanage their match ups, it's to compensate for the horrible community.
Now if you get a troll in your lobby you're stuck with him? Is that some sort of joke?

All that needs to be done to fix the amount of dodges is to add in a vote to kick option, whereas if 4 people vote that someone is kicked, he will be kicked and the queue restarts.

It is ridiculous to think that now on top of the original punishment of a queue dodge timer, now we have to re-qualify as well, make the trolls even stronger.

floh22

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
I think you fail to realize that the reason people dodge on a whole isn't to micromanage their match ups, it's to compensate for the horrible community.
Now if you get a troll in your lobby you're stuck with him? Is that some sort of joke?

All that needs to be done to fix the amount of dodges is to add in a vote to kick option, whereas if 4 people vote that someone is kicked, he will be kicked and the queue restarts.

It is ridiculous to think that now on top of the original punishment of a queue dodge timer, now we have to re-qualify as well, make the trolls even stronger.
people allways talk about the horrible community, and yet you never see them outside of the queue. humans are selfcentered, its the way we are. i think there are trolls on this post when they dont even realise it. the competiitive part of the game brings out bad sides of a lot of people, who cant fully controll their emotions. this isnt a terrible community, its a competitive one.