New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkondrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Seems the Koreans complained enough that it wasn't like StarCraft enough, so since LoL is now catering to the Koreans, we'll just replace the current system we have to segregate everyone.

zZ Rambino

01-16-2013

Follow up question, at the start of this new league system will we be in placement matches or no?

FlyingCIV

01-16-2013

will we be able to report at champion select yet

PwnerPipe

01-16-2013

interesting but to me that we just keep finding noobs in ranked solo / duo

TwilightMsparkle

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
Well no more dodging when there is an obvious troll. riot pls you are doing good things with the professional seen. But I think it is unnecessary to change that rating system

GiXScaR

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0n0un View Post
Most of the dodges I see seem like they come from either Champ Select trolls or unorthodox/unviable picks, not from players trying to fine tune they're matchup.

It's unreasonable to expect players to enter a match they know they have a significantly lower chance of winning, especially an important one.
Exactly what he said, I don't understand how Yegg failed to see the main reason for people dodging queues.

Forget the whole new League system.... how about trying to implement at least a vote to ban people in queues. Most of the dodges happen because there's a player who will not co-operate with the team.. and will choose to play whatever he wills and at most cases it gives the other team a huge win advantage... ex: a team with all roles covered vs a team with 2 support, or 2 adc, or 2 junglers because the last pick person didnt like his role so he decided to troll pick anyways..

This is why we need a 4 player vote to kick people in queues.. this way everyone is happy and will get rid of all the unfair matchups. IMHO this feature is more important than any new champs or ranking system or visual updates.. Please don't re-invent the wheel just fix what's broken.

killerwave7

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagszor View Post
wait, I'm confused.

From the stuff I read earlier I had the implication that the only way you could go down a ladder was if you were in Challenger. You can fall from the gold ladder to the silver ladder? or just from Gold Division 1 to Gold Division 2 etc?
There are 6 six tiers (Bronze --> Challenger)

Within each tier there will be five divisions. To answer your question, Yegg is implying that you can fall from Gold Division 1 to Gold Division 2.

From tiers, I'm pretty sure you cannot fall from Gold Division 5 to Silver Division 1

Hope this clears it up!

xcrabzx

01-16-2013

how long till we see this?

GekkoST

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You still lose League Points when you lose matches, and you can still go down a Division if you aren't able to hang with players in your current one. If someone who plays 10 thousand games makes it to Diamond in the League System, it will be because they're able to consistently defeat other Diamond players, not because they played a lot.
I feel like this new system will match people with others their own skill level better than the current match making system. I have so many complaints with the current match making system I am over joyed to see a change.

lionheartman

01-16-2013

After I read ALL of the RIOT employees postings and answers, I have some questions aswell.

Lets say I have a ranked team right now but we also play solo queue, so our team elo is at 1500, but each one of us individually has a different elo, like 900, 1100, 1000 etc.. Are we all gonna be in the same division anyway and what happens to our ranked team ?

Will there be a special option for reporting trolls in league games ? I mean reporting them for intentional feeding or assisting enemy team is all good and nice, but I am kinda missing something that will prevent those players who repeatedly show that kind of behavior to be allowed to join "rank up" games (those win 3 of 5 games) ? I think im speaking for all of us when I say nothing is worse than being in a tournament and having 2 trolls in your soccer team that just dont give a damn and I kinda expect RIOT as the "coach" to not let those people out on the field untill they have shown that they are worthy of it.

My next question is about the "chances of a team" that you mentioned in a previous answer. How is each chance for a player calculated ? Is it individually how you play or is jsut your win-loss ratio ? I mean lets say you are a very experienced player who really can play any role and your k-d-ration is always at a positive level, your farm and your behavior is also very nice but despite your efforts, you lost anyway. Does that influence the hidden MMR ? How is it calculated ? ( I dont want to know the secret, im just curious if there is more to it than just win-loss ratio.)

And last but not least, lets say I am in gold division 1 with 10 LP and im playing the 10th game, after a lots of ups and down I balanced at 10 LP, may it be my own fault or thanks to really horrible team match ups. And now I am loosing this game (my grace period is over already), will I be demoted back to silver 5 or silver 1 or not demoted at all since I have proven to be worthy of being in gold but im just having bad luck lately ?

Will we be given a kick-vote thing or anything in the champ select ? Lets say there is a duo queue who chose bot as ADC and support, they are premade and in teamspeak,skype, whatever... the rest chose top and mid and the last person doesnt wanna jungle, he/she wants to play ADC and then picks ADC anyway with revive and smite with the words "deal with it, if you dodge you get punished not me". Can you give us anything to prevent or stop those kind of situations ? I know of even worse situations, this was one of the more harmless ones. But I really feel the need of something that if 4 or 3 people vote to "force dodge" a troll out without get the same punishment as the troll, this new system feels like its making it too easy for trolls now, even more than before.

What about elo hell ? Lets say you just moved to silver and have 0 LP. Obviously all the trolls and people who lost hope are at the low LP games with you, how are you expecting to win with people that have already given up ? Or if you rank up one day to gold and then you face the same situation in the low LP games of gold aswell. What im saying is that im afraid of trolls and people who are just unfortunate being pooled up for ever in that low LP "elo hell" of a division, stuck forever. Any countermeasures on ur end for that ?

That was all, I hope a RIOTer will be able to answer some of my questions and Im very eager to try this out asap on the PBE. Thank you for your time of reading this long thing ^^'