New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

01-15-2013

Starcraft 2 called. They want their league system back.

I kid, I kid

I like this change. At the end of the day though, those obsessing about elo loss/gain will now be obsessing over League Point loss/gain.

XartaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Welp this change seems to serve no purpose whatsoever except introducing "checkpoints". You could have made it so you wouldn't sink below a certain elo once you passed it, and literally nothing would have be different. Why on earth wouldn't you restrict your (ranked) opponents to those in your own league? It makes the whole thing pointless and superficial.

Velerean

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPuss View Post
Will the current elo be resetting?
No. Your division will be based off of your current mmr and your top mmr of the preseason.

Kangaax

01-15-2013

Can the promotion/division series be done with other people (random or from league) doing such series ? It would be nice to have a shared goal, and maybe force players to work together a lil more.

Edit: I mean the matchmaking would try to group people from the same tier/division doing promotion matches together if possible

Blackthumbs

01-15-2013

This is exactly the reason i left Starcraft 2....great.

nemofourteen

01-15-2013

where have i seen this before

oh right, that game i stopped playing a year ago. i ****ing loved that system. the patch can't come soon enough.

Sensorii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Will you be matched against other players who also gunning for a rank up in the division/tier matches, or will you be playing against the other rag tag group of people in your skill bracket?

This also raises another concern, If you are going for a rank up, and are playing against only other players who are also eligible for a rank up, doesn't this mean you could be experiencing some ridiculous queue times depending on what time of the day you choose to play?

R41313IT

01-15-2013

Yes! In you faces for people who thought Elo system is an accurate and effective way of determining a player's skill level. On the other hand, good job riot, finally some changes done to ranked matches to look forward to.

god awful

01-15-2013

any idea on the release of s3?

dropped from 200 elo so really discouraged from playing ranked atm want to know if i can stop playing and keep my averaged 2k

MytharGT

01-15-2013

when does this start? i'm currently 1491, but I've only played 6 games this season, I don't want to start low because I haven't done the ten yet, but i don't want to have to rush them