New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Dynamo

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
So if somebody decides to say mid or feed?

Master Recruiter

01-16-2013

When will this go live on the server?

Naxtilian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-16-2013

I am so happy about the new changes I can't wait lol. Anyone know when its coming out ?

Axzarious

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikMagikarp View Post
Goodbye Elo Hell?
I'm not sure. People can still queue with those who are higher ranked. People are still bound to be carried up by their friends.

magePao

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxcat View Post
One question regarding the new system that exists for primarily a solo que player. If a player leaves a game in a solo que and you are left with a 4v5 and that results in a loss, shouldnt there be some way to mitigate a drop in elo if that occurs? In all honesty you could be the best player in a solo que but if a necessary team member drops, your teams chances of winning drop significantly.
This is the main problem on rankeds nowadays, on december i had 13 4x5 matches on my team on one week, at least on promotion games there should be a way of detecting a 4x5 and the match be worth less league points or not counting as a promotion match, and PLEASE LET US DODGE TROLLS on promotion matches.

Draznath

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
This is a good change. However, there needs to be a few things in place to improve further on this. Make AFKers in champ select automatically dodge. If someone doesn't choose a Champion within the timer, automatically kick him out and have everyone else enter back into the queue. Give the AFKer a dodge penalty. This is the most basic thing that this game is missing during champ select. It can't be THAT hard to implement.

Maelthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxtilian View Post
I am so happy about the new changes I can't wait lol. Anyone know when its coming out ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Named View Post
When will this go live on the server?
It's not for sure. It'll be going on the PBE servers optimistically in a handful of days. Depending on the reception, "soon" is all they can say at this point. Through personal speculation I'd say around a month.

TheKevinEffect

01-16-2013

looks like riot is taking a page from sc2

Mohagan

01-16-2013

i didn't complete my 10 games, and am currently 6/1 (really lucky games). does this mean i have to start over now and hope i get can get the same score again?

Maelthorn

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohagan View Post
i didn't complete my 10 games, and am currently 6/1 (really lucky games). does this mean i have to start over now and hope i get can get the same score again?
From what I've read, your MMR is still recorded and will influence division placement.