Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

01-16-2013

It seems like one would want to lose all of one's "grace period" games after reaching a new division, to reduce MMR without losing "league status" since you cannot go down a tier and matchmaking is still based on MMR. That way you get "easier" games on your way up to the next tier. This does not seem like healthy gameplay.

CKCatKiller

01-16-2013

Quote:
thegravedigger1:
real question is if its out yet..cause i cant tell..that or i am blind?

Well front page says it is coming soon. So we sit and wait. We have those weird medals right now. So maybe within a week or 2. Maybe sooner.

IBastardI

01-16-2013

Quote:
Dane Belthound:
A vote system is NEEDED in ranked.

You keep complaining about how high dodge rates and rather than look into WHY people are dodging, YOU ARE TRYING TO STOP US FROM DOING IT.

We are dodging because:

1) People cannot agree on roles, they are raging and there is no chemistry or team work from the start. THis typically results in someone making a troll pick to try and force someone else on the team to dodge because we don't want to lose elo and want a competitive and serious game.

2) There is an afk who random picks and IF he comes back expects someone else to dodge. Nuff said.

3) Someone is verbally abusing and raging. They are obviously not going to work well with the team.

4) Someone is intentionally trolling because they are 12. I ran into a guy a month ago who I talked to after the queue dodge. He let me know that he had trolled 14 matches that day because he likes watching people get upset.

This isn't us trying to find a "favorable" matchup as you so ignorantly put it on a regular basis. The majority of queue dodges are us trying to find a SERIOUS, COMPETITIVE game that isn't going to be a massacre because one or more of our team mates is an incompetent nincompoop or a 12 year old rager on a power trip.

We NEED a VOTING SYSTEM. Problem solved. Your excuses in the past have be:

4 man team will abuse this.

HUH? How? Vote system would only be in ranked. There is no such thing as a 4 man team.

This would prevent people from trying new meta.

BS.

Solo/Duo ranked is not the place to EXPERIMENT. And to be honest, as long as what you suggest in ranked is reasonable, people typically don't care and IF someone objects it is not ALL four people. If ALL FOUR people object it is typically something pretty stupid. And to kick someone ALL FOUR would need to agree.

I just went garen mid a few games ago. My team was fine with that because I explained that we had an ap jungle and ap top and garen countered their mid laner. No objections. I was reasonable and it wasn't an experiment.

If you want to TRY new meta go to NORMALS OR ranked 5v5. If you want to see how a practiced, new meta works. ASK YOUR TEAM, if they disagree or are not on board and the decision is unanimous then you are out of luck. If the other four people on your team are not on board and you do it anyways, YOU ARE WORKING AGAINST YOUR TEAM. This game is about team work and when you have a rogue agent who is going to do whatever they want it is counter productive.

FORCING people to queue with idiots, afks, and trolls does not encourage team work as you might naively believe. Most people WANT to work with their team. Most do not want to work with ragers, trolls, and afks. Which is why we dodge.

This idea that you have to try and prevent dodges is stupid.
As an educator that is such an asinine way to deal with the issue because it doesn't address the issue. That is like me wanting to stop a kid from crying by removing their tear ducts and vocal chords instead of figuring out why s/he is crying and figuring out how to remedy that. YOu just see a behavior you want to stop, and instead of figuring out why it is happening you instead are trying to instill fear of consequences in us. Any behavioral health professional will tell you THAT DOES NOT WORK. Think you would have learned by now. You have taken our elo, banned us etc and it isn't working. It is just pissing people off.

I made a post talking about the same reasons and giving the same voting system to prevent dodging...Obviously nobody gave a damn and people downvoted my initiative that was exactly the same u r telling us right now.

BiGG Bawsss

Recruiter

01-16-2013

This is a awesome system btw. I am sure anybody who is complaining about are either still in high school or should be still in high school. The Elo rating was ruining the game. Now having a tier to go through will get rid of most of the kids who only play this game to ruin it for people since those kids will just flop to the bot of the bronze. But again awesome job with this Riot and I am sure anybody who is not a total moron will love this league.

Jammeson

01-16-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

people wouldn't dodge if other people wouldn't troll in the lobbies. I don't mean picking a champ in a role that necessarily isn't mainstream. What I am talking about is when two or more people wanted mid and they insta lock in a character that goes mid and say something like mid or feed or my personal favorite I called it lol I called it idc about elo. If you are going to punish people for dodging their needs to be a way to report the trolls without wasting 20min or more before the game even starts even though I know that is probablly asking too much but it is apart of the problem.

OrangeRazor

01-16-2013

why does everyone have the same icons right now?

Death to Heavies

01-16-2013

The Leagues of legends

Roger Barbossa

01-16-2013

nice system, LIKE THE NEW ranking system... GJ RIOT

IBastardI

01-16-2013

Quote:
Unacceptable:
Am I to assume that inactivity in a league higher up will result in a quick drop due to the low amount of players in that division and high pressure from below?
Being overly active doesn't prove one skillful or not and I'd rather if the system would not force players to choose total consumption of their free time or no ranked investment at all.(that's where that'll probably get eventually or such is my experience from similar rankings in other games)

Thats only a conceptual idea,
Lets see the reality:

- Most of peole at 1500 ELO are just a lot of cowards that play only the first 10 games and have luck not getting trolls or afkrs.

- Many of the people below 1200 elo are people that play a lot of ranked games and try to do their best but even being very skillfull and having an excellent K/D/A carrying their teams they get trolled over and over again. Even being trolled this much they keep trying and they haver no fear like people at 1500 i have already mentioned.

The new system would help this kind of people. Also if u read better u wil notice u can lose points by losing matches so trolls and people who lose a lot of matchs will still be in low tiers.

SwitchBladeEVO

01-16-2013

I really like this. I just recently got a 5v5 team together, and the idea of having however hundred thousand other players to compete was a little menacing. This system seems far more rewarding in the long run.