New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhyno20

01-16-2013

When does this system come out?

Theorycrafter

01-16-2013

Am I to assume that inactivity in a league higher up will result in a quick drop due to the low amount of players in that division and high pressure from below?
Being overly active doesn't prove one skillful or not and I'd rather if the system would not force players to choose total consumption of their free time or no ranked investment at all.(that's where that'll probably get eventually or such is my experience from similar rankings in other games)

RedsSoCold

01-16-2013

This is really awesome It actually gives us something to strive for besides the higher elo. I'm not complaining about elo but this is that extra push, or nudge, people needed to get better. <3 you Riot. lol

thegravedigger1

01-16-2013

is this out? doesnt seem any different?

Raivius

01-16-2013

What will happen to our elo?

Player 3

01-16-2013

Sc2

CKCatKiller

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

I que dodge because of trolls. Not because I want to dodge and make peoples life hell. I dodge because you have people who get like 3 adcs on a team and laugh because they want people to dodge. They will not dodge because they do not care about losing. But yea promotion you will have less trollers but you may get those people who do troll and what do we do? Take a lose and not go up or dodge and try again? Maybe add a votekick system so that way we do not have to dodge and we can just votekick at the start. Make our lives a lot better.

CKCatKiller

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivius View Post
What will happen to our elo?

Says on homepage

"If you’ve played at least five ranked team games or 10 solo/duo games in the preseason, a combination of your current and top Elo rating will determine the tier of the league you initially earn."

Will the Llama

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerean View Post
I'm not playing again until you guys finally implement queue by role. I'm sick of pre-game rage, calling, arguing over pick order, etc.

It's just not very fun anymore and it's demoralizing to start up a game only to be met with instant negativity. The game would be much better if you could play the role you wanted (even if that meant a longer queue time).

Unrelated, but just my thoughts.
So it would it would be like a pre-game dibs call?
like you click on your game type, and an another option comes up and asks you "what role would you like to play?" and you pick the one you want, and then you're matched up with four other people that each pick one of the other roles, you get into the Ban/Select screen, and it informs the other players the role you selected, and you go on from there

thegravedigger1

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKCatKiller View Post
Says on homepage

"If you’ve played at least five ranked team games or 10 solo/duo games in the preseason, a combination of your current and top Elo rating will determine the tier of the league you initially earn."
real question is if its out yet..cause i cant tell..that or i am blind?