New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Entranze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

just wondering, as we know, there is an interesting thing about elo is, the 1st 20 games r very decisive. say for players just started placement matches as u mentioned, is that mmr will work in this same way?

Kom

01-16-2013

Can't wait till I hit level 30, the old system seemed to be a little tedious. Glad to see the change and I hope this works out great.

r3qui3m

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
The problem with this is you are playing against probability which the ELO system is based on.

The ELO system is based on the fact that the more games you play the greater the chances you have of getting to your true ELO.

Now with this system you have let us assume 1/3 chance of getting trolled. Which means you have 2/3 chance to actually make it through the division qualifier.

I might not be getting this clearly across but what I'm trying to say is instead of having ELO judged across a bunch of matches to move to the next league you are making the outcome dependent on 3 -5 games.

I would be happier having either a kick vote or the dodge option for the championship/league or the whatever its called matches.

seboard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

I can still see my elo.

Alexandra Avdey

01-16-2013

Quote:
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
Dude, how about you light a fire under your engineers so they give Lyte the tools he needs to combat chat room trolling?

BreadZo

01-16-2013

This is exactly same as Sc2 ladder system..

bufarron

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicapples View Post
what if none of the 250 people in my league are on line to play?
answered a million of times, damn

bufarron

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XkomX View Post
Can't wait till I hit level 30, the old system seemed to be a little tedious. Glad to see the change and I hope this works out great.
i can wait to lose every game because some fresh 30 noob w/o runes or idea of teamwork, comes in, without getting better in normals

fiMAGIC djodars

01-16-2013

I don't know if it's been asked (certainly not answered cause I've looked through all red posts) but for this to work, you'd have to lose less LP than what you win for each match (Like in SC2 ladder). This makes it that you can at least come back from a troll match or a bad performance.

TheCøøkieMonster

01-16-2013

Quote:

I do not like that

You are further punishing the good League players by rewarding the trolls.

People have to be able to dodge.....

-------------------------

If not then please ... PLEASE .... give us the power to vote kick someone who is trolling in ranked pregame.