Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tbird

01-16-2013

So if you win your first 3 promotion series matches will you play two more somewhat meaningless matches or will you automatically get promoted and start earning LP in your next tier?

FowSsS

01-16-2013

Isn't this new system allowing people who pay to get elo boosted to have the peace of mind of never losing their unfairly acquired elo?

Ryuzaki

01-16-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
There will be no one in either the Diamond or Challenger tiers to start. Top players and teams might be able to speed quickly through the Diamond divisions since they have crazy high MMRs, but they'll still have to climb through those divisions.

It'll be an intense race to be the first in Challenger tier!

But, you assured the playerbase that preseason 3 elo wouldn't be reset. That's why a lot of players are playing ranked. In doing so, even if the MMR is roughly the same, you are basically resetting ELO which is going against what you've told us...

Liek A Lou Sai

01-16-2013

the elo system is fine. this is definitely not an improvement.

Exmexx

01-16-2013

ok, i've never played a ranked game cuz i joined LoL recently and haven't yet reached lvl 30.

But what i wanted to know was, will reaching level 30 allow me to choose 16 champions which i can have for free?
Or is it like exclusive ranked game champions that I can buy after i reach level 30.

Also was this feature always there or new in this patch?

Waya

01-16-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

While this change is certainly good to tone down queue dodging, it leaves a bitter taste. If you are going to do that, you should at least guarantee first that the adobe air client doesn't crash or go into "isn't responding" mode while in champion select, which sadly still happens to people more often than it should.. Anything else wouldn't be fair in my opinion and would just add frustration.

pitbull7734

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Well lets see how this works for me I started pre season at a 600 elo now im at 1149 my w/l is 70/52 that is a very tough task to get out of elo hell. 1149 is 1 away from silver. does this mean all the hard work I did to get to this point means nothing? I don't see how this will help me because I will still be in the same tier as bronze. and have to fight my way out of that. btw! a 70/52 ratio should be in gold. just sayin lol

Liek A Lou Sai

01-16-2013

the server is back online.

lAmAStegosaurus

01-16-2013

Ok so since I only ever add the GOOD people I play with to my friends list does that mean I Should delete them all and add all the feeders so they get put into my league and i will rank up faster?

quailmanlol

01-16-2013

Quote:
B├ęst Ryze NA:
Ok so since I only ever add the GOOD people I play with to my friends list does that mean I Should delete them all and add all the feeders so they get put into my league and i will rank up faster?
Of course -- you're the best Ryze NA. Why are you doubting yourself?