Champion Price Reduction Schedule

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrensby

01-15-2013

I love all of these people that don't realize that Wukong and Leona won't have their prices reduced for a loooooooong time.

Spikeman666

01-15-2013

just bought wukong because his skin was on sale.... I bought him for IP so I don't think Riot support will allow me to ask for a refund for the difference will they?

-Spikeman666

Edit: wait nvm I just realized I have no date on when Thresh will be officially released, but I was assuming next week or so?

Jaydog610

01-15-2013

So if I bought champion and within 2 weeks their price gets reduce, will the difference of the IP be refunded? And when will this start.

Ineba RHZ

01-15-2013

Don't get it why yorick of all champions.... Now everyone will buy him, and i hoped he could stay as one of the rare champions but it looks like everyone will have him great...
And this new champion reduction-.- there is no point buying older champs that are 6300 coz eventually they will be reduced to 4800, so that means only focus on buying new champions, and wait for the old ones to get their prices reduced...

Lord eXecutor

01-15-2013

Yorick price reduction... hide your kids, hide your wife

Maserno

01-15-2013

Awesome! I love these reductions! I was waiting for Udyr to become 1350 so I could buy him.

Thanks Riot

Reggaejunkiejew

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
Why would you? You knew the price at the time, you thought about it, you decided it was worth it. Do you go back to your computer parts store and expect a refund because your parts are a quarter the price they were two years ago?
So by your logic the people who recently got a small refund on the skins that came back out this holiday season shouldn't have gotten a refund either. In your words "knew the price at the time." "thought about it, decided it was worth it."

Google This

01-15-2013

DAMMIT now im facing a headache..... A fizz... or all those champs i am currently looking at... except yorick... i already got yorick....Yorick is awesome XD

Jazzmatazz101

01-15-2013

Am I the only one that feels like them telling us beforehand means we don't get refunds if we purchased these champs within 2 weeks feels a little underhanded? I've come to expect more from you Riot. It feels a little cheap, almost like promises are being taken back.

BlackSparkz

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes"]previously announced[/url2], we’ll be reducing champion prices on a fixed schedule going forward, which is primarily based on champion release dates. The initial price reductions on Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne have already been completed.

Here are the details on the next set of scheduled price reductions. Please note that because these price reductions are preannounced, refunds will not be granted to players who purchase these champions prior to their price reductions.

• 1st champion launch of 2013: Yorick reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP and Udyr reduced to 1350 IP / 585 RP

[aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Yorick_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Yorick_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Udyr_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Udyr_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

• 2nd champion launch of 2013: Leona reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
  • 3rd champion launch of 2013: Wukong reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP

[aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Leona_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Leona_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Wukong_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Wukong_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Additionally, all newly launched champions in 2013 will be reduced from their initial price of 7800 IP to 6300 IP after one week. [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes"]Click here[/url2] for more background on the pricing changes and how these champions were selected for reductions.
Woohoo! I'm more excited for the lower cost champ reductions even more. Opens up lower cost and higher tier champs for me to get without spending too much time saving!