I may watch the news too much...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtl0l View Post
Like our government is likely going to organize a mass rape on its citizens if guns were banned.

I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but you could only dream of getting that lucky.
The US Government has regularly organized mass rape against its own citizens. Maybe you should learn a thing or two about history.

Kvlt Kitty

01-16-2013

Oh good, a gun debate on the LoL forums.
I bet everybodies mind is gonna change and we'll all finally come to a conclusion.
-_-

Kvlt Kitty

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
The US Government has regularly organized mass rape against its own citizens. Maybe you should learn a thing or two about history.
When? I just remember committing genocide on the natives and any foreigners that got in our way. Last I checked, our soldiers are quite loyal to our citizens.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt Kitty View Post
When? I just remember committing genocide on the natives and any foreigners that got in our way. Last I checked, our soldiers are quite loyal to our citizens.
Who said the only form of Government were the soldiers?

Kvlt Kitty

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Who said the only form of Government were the soldiers?
Well that'd be the main justification for needing to bear arms, as that seems to be the primary argument against gun control. If a violent regime came for you. That was the original intention of the second amendment.

I just don't think we should base our policies on fear. That's what we've been doing since 9/11, and things haven't been going all that great internally as well as for our global image. We need bipartisan bills.

Even my VERY conservative relatives (OWEbama, OBAMATION conservative) from North Dakota are for stricter gun control. They wouldn't mind, as they all have legitimate reasons to own them. But they think there's way too many crazy people who own guns for seemingly no purpose other than fear. That fear wouldn't exist if so many weapons weren't in circulation. That's just a fact. I don't understand why so many people are so crazy about the issue. In what situation have you ever had to use a gun that justifies you owning one? (Here come the made up internet stories)

Shirtl0l

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
what the hell are you talking about?

Kvlt Kitty

01-16-2013

Quote:
I think he's referring to the slaughter of the natives. But that was before the formation of the US. If he's referring to the internment camps of the Japanese, we didn't murder them. It was unethical, yes, but we didn't murder them.

Unless he's one of those 9/11 "truthers" who doesn't understand the basic laws of physics.

Kvlt Kitty

01-16-2013

Idk about you guys, but I don't trust people generally speaking. Knowing that so many unstable people are armed to the teeth is frightening. The solution of "well arm yourself" just seems like working backwards. It's why the idea of "fight fire with fire" has always seemed so nonsensical to me. You're just making the fire bigger, not putting it out.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
From what I've heard about the TSA, y'all are raped every time that you walk into an airport.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt Kitty View Post
Idk about you guys, but I don't trust people generally speaking. Knowing that so many unstable people are armed to the teeth is frightening. The solution of "well arm yourself" just seems like working backwards. It's why the idea of "fight fire with fire" has always seemed so nonsensical to me. You're just making the fire bigger, not putting it out.
It's a two step process, aye.
Giving everyone a gun is just the first step to utopia.
The second is providing help to the unstable folk that need it.
America keeps on having probs because it's too lax on the second.