I may watch the news too much...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poe tay toes

01-18-2013

kvlt, the problem is the government spending more than it should on just about everything. we do spend too much on defense. we also spend too much on school. same goes for welfare programs, subsidies, foreign aid, hell, even sheer bureaucratic costs are too high.

back to the gun topic, why are people scared of the thought of a room of armed citizens? these are the same people you drive on the roads with, the same people you go to bars with, the same people who's kids your kids go to school with. what makes you think that if you add a gun all of a sudden they become unstable?

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Think about how many people our nation recruits into the military. The military that you and I pay for with our taxes. You can't train, and arm the nation's men with guns for the purpose of war every decade, and expect them not to keep themselves trained and armed when they come home. For those were enlisted while they were still kids--particularly infantry--shooting guns is all they how to do.

There's a term in the context of warfare known as blowback--that any time combat is started in area, it will initiate a cycle of violence that will carry on. Well, that cycle is more than just rebels of the nation being assaulted. That cycle includes the soldiers who were sent in to begin combat in the first place.

poe tay toes

02-18-2013

hello again

Quote:
Think about how many people our nation recruits into the military. The military that you and I pay for with our taxes.
i think our military is too expansive, we need to make some cuts in it, as well as in pretty much everything the government has gotten its fingers into.

Quote:
You can't train, and arm the nation's men with guns for the purpose of war every decade, and expect them not to keep themselves trained and armed when they come home.
why should i expect them to disarm themselves after they come home? everyone has a right to bear arms, why should the people we send around the world to fight for us lose that right?

Quote:
For those were enlisted while they were still kids--particularly infantry--shooting guns is all they how to do.
enlistment age is 17 and very few kids slip through that by too much these days. its not "all they know how to do" in addition, there are things like college benefits, work training, and incentives for businesses to hire veterans.

Quote:
There's a term in the context of warfare known as blowback--that any time combat is started in area, it will initiate a cycle of violence that will carry on. Well, that cycle is more than just rebels of the nation being assaulted. That cycle includes the soldiers who were sent in to begin combat in the first place.
like i said, i don't disagree that we have no real reason for continuing military presence all over the world, at least not on the scale that we maintain. i'm all for keeping available counseling and programs for essentially rehabilitating veterans who've suffered trauma from combat. there's no reason to try to tie that into cutting the second amendment.