Want to know the REAL reason why "Elo hell" ... "exists"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-15-2013

All right, I'll let you in on a little secret. I like to maintain a few smurfs at various summoner levels in order to play with friends that I introduce to the game. Turns out, tons of other people like to play smurfs too for various reasons. Playing a smurf account and getting paired with and against other smurf accounts is one of the best ways to get direct insight on other players, and what they think of their own skill level versus how good they actually are.

Elo hell is not some Elo number that you're stuck in despite belonging in some higher Elo, but you're stuck because bad teammates. Nope. Elo hell is the mental gap between how good you think you are and how good you actually are.

This link has been pasted in a lot of Elo hell threads, and it absolutely applies. It pretty much explains it all, but for those of you who haven't FULLY experienced just how some of these players play, check out a smurf game.

These players are hypercritical of all their teammates, and wrong in absolutely every aspect of their advice.

Take these gems for example...

"Black Cleaver is bad on Vi."
"Cho'gath can't mid."
"Junglers aren't supposed to gank 2v1 lanes" (where the 1 is the jungler's teammate)
"Why are my teammates always taking my monsters?" (asked the jungler who was in bottom lane at the time upset with me killing purple side double golems)
"I'm going to ward Baron" (stated the player while we're right in the middle of a 5v5 siege on our inhibitor turret)
"Jax can't carry games."

Also, lots of ridiculous comments criticizing legitimate level 5 player's inability to last-hit.

These are actual comments from players who claim to have a level 30 main account playing in a level 5 game.

You're not as good as you think you are, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can start getting better.

Kang the Mad

01-15-2013

THANK you. I'm a pretty new player at level 11 and the people like that who join are always doing terrible while trying to vainly give advice. I think the one had 17 deaths at 20 min Lol. Some of us have a dota history so stop trying to act tough to the newbies, you're not that good people. Also don't play video games to pet your ego. That's a never ending cycle of failure LOL

KnightxSScarlett

01-15-2013

The whole "Not as good as you think you are" thing has been said to every single Elo Hell thread. This is nothing new.

Causing Panic

01-15-2013

normal games =/= ranked game which is where you get elo

most "smurfs" at low lvl champion level are just lvl 30's that dont play rank, and just play norms or co-op, completely different then 2k+ smurfs in ranked. but think they are amazing just because they have a lvl 30 account

smurf just means playing at a lower level then what youre actually at