Do you think there's such a thing as GG at champ select?

Yes, sometimes there's just nothing you can do. 132 57.64%
No, there's always a chance to win. 97 42.36%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] GG at Champ Select?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

01-03-2013

Simple poll on whether you think there's such a thing as GG at champ select for ARAMs.

Personally I hate when people just give up at the start. Just wondering what the rest of you think.

What is a Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

vote no, downvote, move on.

Beravin

01-03-2013

There will always be a chance. Too many variables to consider to even try and "call" a game. Without a matchmaker we will play with people from all kinds of skill levels, from mediocre to excellent. A skilled player can do well with many champions, but other players might struggle with some of the better randoms. Heck, someone might leave or intentionally feed.

Unless you can predict the future, no one knows what will happen. Its not over till the Nexus explodes.

FDru

01-03-2013

When player skill is roughly equal, there are teams that will almost always lose against other teams. But as long as player skill is a variable, there is no guaranteed outcomes.

Kwisatz Haderach

01-03-2013

It's certainly not impossible to win...but it's not really fun when the math is against you. I'd rather my uphill climb challenge be player skill, not numbers or mechanics that play in favor for certain champs in this mode.

Blind pick may lack variety, but at least it's skill vs skill. ARAM is for gamblers who can't afford the real thing.

thelost1

01-03-2013

had a few teams with 5 melee they just dont work

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

when you roll Twitch, Karma, Nasus, Trundle, and Udyr, and the other team has Morgana, Zilean, Ashe, Urgot, and Rumble, I'd say that's GG at Champ Select. 3 slow melee champs vs 5 slows, 2 stuns, and a suppression effect.

Mandaari

01-04-2013

To the above, Nasus, Twitch, and Karma can poke fairly decently, especially with Karma's heal to back them up. Also, all but Zilean are skillshots, and easily anticipated ones at that. I've seen way worse teams beat way better teams than than.

Saintviscous

01-04-2013

You can say that it will most likely be a loss or win, but in the end, it all comes down to skill. I've won a game with a full melee team against a full poke team by making good execution, good plays and overall more superior skill.

Awsar

01-07-2013

you never know how good other team is so there is always a chance