Facts behind the Tribunal (A Guide with math)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
Don't pay that guy any heed . . .he is a name troll.
Ahh ok i was just wondering. Usually people help with the guide then I make edits and add them to it for pointing things out. It just seemed like he did not read it at all lol.

YueienGato

01-19-2013

Yeah the real RI is more informative and 20x more entertaining than this guy.

Great Pyrenees

01-21-2013

What kind of sad excuses for a human being name troll? Really sad ... think i will go take a walk in the sunlight.

Rampant ldiocy

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
I think you must not have read my guide, considering I quoted Lyte and then posted a reference directly underneath it. Yes the average North American player gets 1-5% reports. Additionally at leats 90% of my guide has references underneath what I quote. This guide simply took everything a Red said and placed it into 1 easy reference.
OK, let's play Reading Comprehension For Illiterate Hillbillies:

Your statement: "The average player gets 1-5 reports per 100 games played (Per Lyte)"

Quote 1: "the typical player only has a 1-4% reports/game ratio"

Quote 2: "the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games"

You chose to pick two quotes with directly conflicting data to support your statement and then assume they are somehow both correct and provide an interpretation that combines the results. The fact that you are providing interpretations of discrepant data demonstrates that you are not just simply compiling quotes. What's worse is that you don't seem capable of doing it with even a modicum of intelligence.

Furthermore, your attempt to provide relevant data conveniently omits the most recent data in which Lyte and employees at EUW have stated that the average player is reported in 5% of their games. If a player is reported by someone in 5 out of every 100 games that means they have received a MINIMUM of 5 individual reports and a maximum of 45 (they could have been reported by anywhere from 1-9 players in each game). Receiving 5-45 reports per 100 games is dramatically different than the conclusion you provided, hence your colossal analytic failure.

Don't quit your day job, Cletus.

Fudouri

01-21-2013

math. I love talking math.

The two statements are not necessarily conflicting. The reason being "average" and "typical" can be two different things.
In math terms, "average" is mean. "Typical" in this case may mean "median".

This can occur when you have a bi-modal sample set (say a small group of people who have a large amount of reports). This would cause your mean to be higher than your median. This would lead to the average being 4-5 (heavily skewed by the toxic players), but the typical player being much lower (by removing the outliers on either side)

GON the Mage Guy

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant ldiocy View Post
Funny, coming from someone whose day job is to name troll.

YueienGato

01-21-2013

bump

Great Pyrenees

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant ldiocy View Post
OK, let's play Reading Comprehension For Illiterate Hillbillies:

Your statement: "The average player gets 1-5 reports per 100 games played (Per Lyte)"

Quote 1: "the typical player only has a 1-4% reports/game ratio"

Quote 2: "the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games"

You chose to pick two quotes with directly conflicting data to support your statement and then assume they are somehow both correct and provide an interpretation that combines the results. The fact that you are providing interpretations of discrepant data demonstrates that you are not just simply compiling quotes. What's worse is that you don't seem capable of doing it with even a modicum of intelligence.

Furthermore, your attempt to provide relevant data conveniently omits the most recent data in which Lyte and employees at EUW have stated that the average player is reported in 5% of their games. If a player is reported by someone in 5 out of every 100 games that means they have received a MINIMUM of 5 individual reports and a maximum of 45 (they could have been reported by anywhere from 1-9 players in each game). Receiving 5-45 reports per 100 games is dramatically different than the conclusion you provided, hence your colossal analytic failure.

Oh that is what you were talking about. While I appreciate your point I have determined to keep it the way it is because it intends no harm and is somewhat accurate based on the reference. Lets not split hairs here friend. The average person reading that will not be misinformed nor confused. However I thank you for your input, but rebuke you for your terrible attitude.

BillyTheAttorney

01-21-2013

I appreciate the work there Pyrenees. Though, I tend to lean on Fudouri's maths. He's done some good analytical data runs before on some of the best (non-trade secret) information.

Tulnekaya

01-21-2013

A lovely compilation <3