Allow people to report in champion select..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmakehersquirtle

03-05-2014

Let me give you a rundown of why, just had to dodge a game because our first pick was trolling. To start he banned Urgot, Zilean, and Heimer. That's when I realized I was in trouble. He first picked Blitzcrank Jungle, which I was not opposed to, I don't care about meta changes. Then he decides 10 seconds before the game starts that he "doesn't play support jungles, im supporting" and swapped his smite for Exhaust. So we had no Jungle. Just give us the option to report someone recently met or during champion select. Its getting ridic...

Jubbinaut

03-05-2014

Unfortunately, I doubt that's going to happen. I can personally see too much potential for abuse. However, there is a tool at your disposal: Send in a support ticket. If possible, include screenshots of the incident. That, at least, will put the information into hands that can make use of it.

Also, if the game isn't dodged, be sure to report them after, when you have the opportunity.

PrivateBaldric

03-05-2014

With Team Builder looming the prospect of this being necessary is dwindling. I would wait and see what the tests this week have to offer.

lmakehersquirtle

03-05-2014

Ok man, thanks for the info, I did not know you can submit a ticket. Unfortunately I did not take his name down, but I will remember it for next time!

SoapySeahorse

03-05-2014

I imagine this sort of thing could still be pulled in team builder. Do we have to lock in our summoners prior to seeing the opposing team?

geekyalex

03-05-2014

I'm looking forward to team builder putting a slight ease up on this, but I wouldn't expect anything ground-breaking. For now, submit a support ticket, and otherwise report as normal and participate in the tribunal. =)

Naelarstrasz

03-05-2014

That name... On OP... : /

Jubbinaut

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelarstrasz View Post
That name... On OP... : /
Yeah, I wasn't gonna comment.

PrivateBaldric

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapySeahorse View Post
I imagine this sort of thing could still be pulled in team builder. Do we have to lock in our summoners prior to seeing the opposing team?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5buITeiRHY

A short video from a player on PBE. You can change your spells masteries and runes but nothing else so far as i can see. Your champ is locked in when you queue up.

EDIT:

That being said you do have to lock in before the game launches. It would appear you won't be able to change at the last second without un-readying. The video isn't terribly specific on that point so that is just speculation.

I would also recommend looking at the FAQ about penalties for leaving groups and for abusing kick options as a captain (yes team captains can kick people).

this makes the system rather hard to abuse unless people are working together to do so.

Also keep in mind this is separate from the other queues. So its team builder vs team builder so to speak.

JQP122

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmakehersquirtle View Post
Let me give you a rundown of why, just had to dodge a game because our first pick was trolling. To start he banned Urgot, Zilean, and Heimer. That's when I realized I was in trouble. He first picked Blitzcrank Jungle, which I was not opposed to, I don't care about meta changes. Then he decides 10 seconds before the game starts that he "doesn't play support jungles, im supporting" and swapped his smite for Exhaust. So we had no Jungle. Just give us the option to report someone recently met or during champion select. Its getting ridic...
after years of development, the report system still only logs in game chat and end-of-game stats. nothing that happens in the launcher is logged unless you dodge the queue. you can easily report them after the game is finished. i'm assuming u dodged the queue and that's why you want to be able to report in champ select. that's the choice you're left with. play the game at an apparent disadvantage then report, or just dodge and not report. I would play the game, since you still have a chance of winning and you can still report either way.