Question about the time frame of a ban.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hollow Origin

03-08-2014

na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6771207

So, I had my tribunal case and I got banned for having an inappropriate name. All things aside, I completely understand the reason for the ban and was expecting to have my name changed and all that.

But in the e-mail I received it said I would be banned for 24 hours ending on Mar 7, 2014 4:52 PST. Now that the time frame has passed, I am still banned. So, my question is, do I wait longer? Or, something up? Just a little confused. Thanks in advance!

Jubbinaut

03-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Velvet *** View Post
na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6771207

So, I had my tribunal case and I got banned for having an inappropriate name. All things aside, I completely understand the reason for the ban and was expecting to have my name changed and all that.

But in the e-mail I received it said I would be banned for 24 hours ending on Mar 7, 2014 4:52 PST. Now that the time frame has passed, I am still banned. So, my question is, do I wait longer? Or, something up? Just a little confused. Thanks in advance!
If it's an inappropriate name ban, it should be "permanent" until you have your name changed. Are you sure that was the correct year? Someone else came in a few days ago with one of those, and said the year was 2104, which is a small difference to look at, but a major one numerically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
You can request your name to be changed with a Ticket to Riot Support. Include 5 non-offensive names in priority order.

Example: Feel free to copy and paste in Ticket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

My current summoner name is: _______ and was found to be in conflict with Riot policies. Please change to one of the following.

Most wanted name

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Least wanted name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butterfly44

03-08-2014

Well, in the case of an inappropriate name ban, Riot normally does a temporary "permaban" until the name has been changed.

If you open a support ticket here riot will grant you 1 free name change because your current name is not in line with the ToS

Feel free to use the following template:
-------------------------

Hello,

My current summoner name is: _______ and was found to be in conflict with Riot policies. Please change to one of the following.

Most wanted name

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Least wanted name
------------------
(credit to Shelzin)

anddddd shen'd D:

LittleDi

03-08-2014

http://localtimes.info/North_America...a/Los_Angeles/

Yea, time has passed. Name has not yet.

BlueThingamajig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2014

If I'm not mistaken, you should have two different emails. The first one is for the Tribunal case, which as you say, you understand why you were punished. That should be the temporary (3 days, was it?) ban.

There should then have been a second email informing you that you are banned for an indefinite time period (Typically to 2104, I think). That email doesn't communicate a lot, but the date of the ban does. With that information, assuming you have been banned for an inappropriate name, we can direct you to contact support and get the issue resolved.

Perhaps one of the two emails got caught up or failed to send. When a company deals with with 32 million players monthly, spam filters can be a real problem.