Random lag spikes with Windows8

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xIniTiaLxL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

I just bought a new labtop and it comes with windows 8. Was using same internet but now i got random lag spikes when I'm using internet alone. The ping just randomly jumps to 200 or 300 ish and then falls back. It was only a brief distortion but happens at least 5 times in a game which is really annoying. I tried to run lol with windows 7 compatibility mode and same issue persist. Tried to close down all the apps in background and nothing really helps. Only a few driver programs are running at the same time.
I'm also monitoring my upload/download speed and when the lag spike occurs nothing was being uploaded/downloaded.
Anyone with a similar problem?
I was using windows 7 before( on my old labtop and everything is fine)
Does it have anything to do with LoL client with windows 8 or is it windows 8 alone causing the problems.
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my ISP or my internet

Klunzo

Recruiter

01-21-2013

Same issue, new windows 8 HP laptop and get random lag spikes all the time. Log into my old laptop on windows 7 and no issues what so ever so it's not the wifi/wireless internet. Would be nice to get some assistance or report some sort of driver error with LoL.

xIniTiaLxL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunzo View Post
Same issue, new windows 8 HP laptop and get random lag spikes all the time. Log into my old laptop on windows 7 and no issues what so ever so it's not the wifi/wireless internet. Would be nice to get some assistance or report some sort of driver error with LoL.
I was talking to technicians and they asked me close down all the back ground apps and windows defender as well as windows firewall which I did, I turned off the p2p option on patch screen and pretty sure nothing else would have to do with my internet but it doesn't fix it. I think some1 else out there is having the same problem if anyone had a solution please let us know.

Strange Program

01-22-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2846899

few red posts there that say they are working on it, last update 5 days ago, i haven't been able to play a pvp match in so long because of this..

Flamlightb

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIniTiaLxL View Post
I was talking to technicians and they asked me close down all the back ground apps and windows defender as well as windows firewall which I did, I turned off the p2p option on patch screen and pretty sure nothing else would have to do with my internet but it doesn't fix it. I think some1 else out there is having the same problem if anyone had a solution please let us know.
That's their generic "We don't know whats wrong, but we're going to give you generic copy and paste answers until you stop asking so we don't have to deal with you" response.

Sylphic

02-06-2013

On your desktop move your mouse to the top right or bottom right of the screen and click the gear (Settings.)

Click on "Change PC Settings" at the bottom.

Go to Users.

Click "Switch to a Local account."

Follow the directions and re-log.

This worked for me, at least I didn't lag in my last game. Good luck to you all.

Nintennerd

02-16-2013

Same problem. When everyone's summoning I jump to 999 ping and it goes back down to 100. In game it'll be around 100 at some points but it never lasts. It all started when I got a new computer, with windows 8. Its not my router because all of my roommates can play at the same time and I'm the only one with the ping spikes. One of them even used my old laptop and we played a game together and there was no problem on his end.

EmptyFist

08-07-2013

I highly recommend this link to anyone having W8 LoL probs

http://www.maketecheasier.com/7-ways...s-8/2012/11/21

After doing everything on the list my LoL works like it did on W7 and my laptop is just better in general.