@RiotNome Wave Respawn System and Nexus health mechanics encourages bad play.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BluesMusic

01-26-2013

Perfect example, up by a bunch end of getting hit with the slower respawn they come back and 5 cap us.

My team 40 deaths = Time Spent Dead 893
Enemy Team 36 Deaths = Time Spent Dead 657

4 deaths does not = 236 seconds, that is crazy, that is almost 1/3 of their entire time speat dead.

LuckoftheD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERE IS NO NOME View Post
This is on the long-term projects radar. It's definitely a fairly subtle mechanic given how impactful it is.
lol

AK47WOLF

12-01-2013

Although I think the respawn system is problematic, I'm gonna have to make a stand here and say I wouldn't want it changed. The alternative we would be faced with would probably be just as crippling in another facet of the gameplay.

Without the rubberband mechanics Dominion is one step closer to Tryhard's Rift in the sense that if you fall into a hole it just gets deeper and deeper.

I would support alterations to the Dominion loser handicap, but not complete removal. Even if it does encourage bad play and reward unskilled conduct (it does), I also don't want my Dom games to be decided 6 minutes into the game like SR games are.

Tortferngatr

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Although I think the respawn system is problematic, I'm gonna have to make a stand here and say I wouldn't want it changed. The alternative we would be faced with would probably be just as crippling in another facet of the gameplay.

Without the rubberband mechanics Dominion is one step closer to Tryhard's Rift in the sense that if you fall into a hole it just gets deeper and deeper.

I would support alterations to the Dominion loser handicap, but not complete removal. Even if it does encourage bad play and reward unskilled conduct (it does), I also don't want my Dom games to be decided 6 minutes into the game like SR games are.
I support maintaining some rubberbanding.

I do not support maintaining respawn waves due to their potential to harm competitiveness.

Golly

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
I support maintaining some rubberbanding.

I do not support maintaining respawn waves due to their potential to harm competitiveness.
Pretty much this. The +2/-2 isn't the main culprit. It's the sometimes RNG-laden respawn waves. Some people strategize when to die in order to catch a wave, but for the majority of people playing -- they have NO idea why their respawn timer is now 12 seconds instead of 24.

Respawn waves need to go... or be changed in a significant way. Decreasing that window down from 12 seconds would go a long way.